Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

Delta Shuttle to be flown by Republic/Chautauqua/Shuttle America with "RJ's"

MD88's getting pulled out of LGA-DCA, being replaced with new (76 seat) E175's.

Mainline to be completely phased out from January 5th to March 28th.

MD88's getting pulled out of LGA-DCA, being replaced with new (76 seat) E175's.

Mainline to be completely phased out from January 5th to March 28th.

Gee fins, after being an RJDC supporter when we were at ASA I thought that you would approve of something like this. Right size aircraft and all.

Just reporting the news... but, I'm against outsourcing.

Last edited:
Sad day for the Shuttle. I wish all the shuttle die hards( those who switched planes to fly it) the best! As they say now up there "All we are trying to do is stay ahead of the USair shuttle, and that is not hard." I guess we will see now if that is true.

Gee fins, after being an RJDC supporter when we were at ASA I thought that you would approve of something like this. Right size aircraft and all.

Gee Plug....after all this time you still don't understand what the RJDC issue was about...

Scope should never be about the "size" of an aircraft....It should include all members of the bargaining group to fly said flying in whatever size aircraft is appropriate...

Had the PID succeeded in 2000....this flying would still change guages...but not outsourced.....

Fins is now a Delta pilot....so his perspective has changed...but RJDC was never about MORE outsourcing....it was about NO MORE OUTSOURCING......

Wow - Joe and I agree about very little these days, but he's right.

At its core, the issue was whether or not the ASA Reps could represent their pilots to the entity that owned and had operational control of their airline. It was not fair to stop ASA from bargaining. One effect was bad scope, just as we see, with mainline pilots being replaced by non-ALPA pilots getting paid sub standard wages.

Now that ASA's Reps can represent their pilots what they do is up to them.

In the mean time the Delta and Northwest pilots have voted six times (or is it seven) to reduce their job protection provisions and scope. No one else ratified those contracts and the regional guys not even allowed in the room. No sense taking shots at them, or even the RJDC.

Who was responsible?

Last edited:
Just look at the loads on TravelNet. The Shuttle was losing money every day. It sucks, but at least they are doing something about it. Take the planes and relocate them on routes built for the MD-88.

The Boston portion will be the next to go. I wonder if they will keep the NYC 88 crew base open? Who knows. I am sorry for the people who commute out of DCA. No more overnights at home.

know what, I don't think anyone wants more outsourcing. But smart people realize that once you give away an airplane, it is never coming back. No mainline pilot group will ever have the negotiating leverage to take back aircraft that have already been outsourced. If you think you can, you are foolish at best.

We don't agree these days because we are on opposite sides of a union created and managment leveraged fence......

You have to do what is best for you....and likewise I have to what is best for me....Neither of us wish ill on the other...but all "growth" at this point results in taking away from someone else....someone else who may belong to the same union....

We're in the same game....but it is "tug-of-war" and we are on opposite ends of the rope.....

We agree on how we got to this point...and what went wrong....However I doubt we can agree on a "fair" method to resolve it this late in the game....

Gee Plug....after all this time you still don't understand what the RJDC issue was about...

Scope should never be about the "size" of an aircraft....It should include all members of the bargaining group to fly said flying in whatever size aircraft is appropriate...

Had the PID succeeded in 2000....this flying would still change guages...but not outsourced.....

Fins is now a Delta pilot....so his perspective has changed...but RJDC was never about MORE outsourcing....it was about NO MORE OUTSOURCING......

Oh boy, how I miss these debates.

So force the DAL pilots in to negotiating a merger with ASA/CMR would've solved everything? I say force because that is exactly what would have had to have happened.

I know RJDC wasn't about more outsourcing but at the same time had the RJDC gotten what it wanted then there would have been no scope and all size aircraft would go to the likes of Mesa, you can't have it both ways.

I know fins is a Delta pilot and that is why I was busting his balls. I guess I just find it ironic is all.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back