• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Shuttle to be flown by Republic/Chautauqua/Shuttle America with "RJ's"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More mainline jobs lost to Republic and the mighty E170. Sorry guys.

I know its just business and I wont put the blame on the RAH pilots ( even if some of them are jumping for joy ) .

But you seen happy about the prospect of more mainline jobs being outsourced ..... that is sad.

I can say this .... what goes around comes around.... someone will " steal " your ( you think its yours but its not ) flying and you will throw a fit.... yet this seems ok to you..... enjoy the contract work at your regional, because thats all it is.... contract/temp work.

Personally I think it is short term until the long term announcement is made. That could be a few more months down the road.

Delta stopped working to market the Shuttle long ago - that's why loads are so pathetic. This will be the newest blow to the operation. Shuttle America is so busy starting their Hawaii operation and the Midwest takeover that they won't even return phone calls to help smooth over this transition. Just wait until their chronic staffing shortages factor in. See you later, new government contract...

As an actual S5 pilot I find some of these comments pretty amusing. The city pairings we fly to change every month if they tell us to fly DCA-LGA then what's what we'll do. There is nothing sinister going on here.. except maybe the repeated attempts to stir the pot.

Latest resources

Back