• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Shuttle to be flown by Republic/Chautauqua/Shuttle America with "RJ's"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My bet is that it will never actually happen.

Just curious if Delta, Inc. would have gone along with a flow? My guess is no, but the union never proposed it, so who knows?

Another excellent point Fins...This is all academic at this point. DAL will never allow a pilot that they haven't screened...Even the NWA poolies will have to re-interview....DAL only takes the "best of the best":rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see how the flowup Mesaba and Compass people will be treated.....

Thank God we didn't get a flowthrough in 2000....Flowthroughs are mainly job protection for the mainline folks when the furloughs happen....

How many mainline pilots have been hired in the past 10 years? What is the DOH of the junior UAL,NWA,AMR pilot? You got your flowback now with Compass and Mesaba.....

I know that Compass had an arrangement but I was not aware of any flow-through arrangement with Mesaba. Do they really have one?

Just curious if Delta, Inc. would have gone along with a flow? My guess is no, but the union never proposed it, so who knows?

As Puffdriver writes, I think this looks ugly for Comair.

Delta can't get out of its other RJ contracts (and yet keeps signing more contracts for the big RJ's :confused: )

Indeed flow was proposed by DALPA, and would have been part of the PWA in C2K.

I know that Compass had an arrangement but I was not aware of any flow-through arrangement with Mesaba. Do they really have one?

They do, but I believe it was only about 8 pilots who flowed up and therefor only about 8 that can flowback....Someone from NWA can provide the exact numbers.....

Plug, Sir, you still don't get it. The RJDC was never about "no scope." If anything the RJDC would have made scope tighter by restricting these airplanes that Delta negotiated to outsource.

First, a staple job would have kept the flying on the Delta list. That push failed BEFORE the formation of the RJDC.

The RJDC was a response to ALPA telling the ASA pilots that they could not negotiate a contract with the principle of their business who had operational control of the airline. ASA was not allowed to contract with Delta.

The RJDC won that point. ALPA changed it's policy and today ASA has a contract with it's owners and Comair has a contract with Delta.

Sure the RJDC would have liked to see these airplanes restricted to ASA and Comair, but, to make it sound like they wanted unlimited outsourcing is completely wrong. They wanted to stop outsourcing.

Your right, RJDC was all about scope, so long as it included ASA and CMR. My point is, where does it stop? What about the Mesa pilots, CHQ pilots, etc.? Where is the line? Your attempt to include is great and ideal but the reality of it is that there is still exclusion. Just because Delta bought us didn't mean squat.

In 2002 some of us at ASA still thought we had a play and we went around with information on that. Furloughed Delta pilots come down and fly our equipment, if they so desire, at their Delta DOH and in turn all ASA pilots be stapled to the bottom of the Delta list when vacancies there occur if the they so desire. Therefore those who wanna go can go and those who don't simply don't and the slot goes on to the next pilot. If this had occured the Delta pilots may have been willing to include ASA in their scope, not merge but include, therefore making sure that their own would have something to fly. It's a glorified flow-through, yes, but it was something. Instead some hard core RJDC folks didn't like this because scope was predatory and needed to be abolished all together and they should have a number at Delta.

Fins, you are a smart guy, I know, but the core of the followers of the RJDC that sent money loyally every month were in it for one reason, a number at Delta.

Cheers

It will be interesting to see how the flowup Mesaba and Compass people will be treated.....
There are some Mesaba pilots on the NWA list proposal. I have not heard they will be treated any differently.

There were some NWA mainline poolies that concerns were expressed about. I think the "flow up" pilots are probably in a better position than those hired by NWA and awaiting a class date.

Eventually there will be upwards movement - demographics tells you that. Mesaba and Compass are the two best entry jobs in the business. Mesaba, Compass and SkyWest have two year pilots holding lines in 90 (76) seaters.

Sure, there could have been an industry leading flow through. Unfortunately, the RJDC along with both MECs had NO leadership. Their greed and feigned leverage led to the downfall of any kind of workable, realistic solution. Now, the junior Comair pilots are paying a heavy price, and it looks as if the junior ASA pilots will follow suit.

Too bad that the senior RJDC pilots controlling the agenda didn't REALLY practice what they preached. Abysmal failure.

I agree and disagree. The CMR MEC had no leadership as JC was a flop. It was the line pilots at CMR that fought the good fight in 2000 and it was JC that stepped on their collective wankers. ASA had a hard-core unionist as it's MEC chair.

There are some Mesaba pilots on the NWA list proposal. I have not heard they will be treated any differently.

There were some NWA mainline poolies that concerns were expressed about. I think the "flow up" pilots are probably in a better position than those hired by NWA and awaiting a class date.

Eventually there will be upwards movement - demographics tells you that. Mesaba and Compass are the two best entry jobs in the business. Mesaba, Compass and SkyWest have two year pilots holding lines in 90 (76) seaters.

The one's who flowed already...but I bet DAL won't want to continue the flows after the current agreements expire...At least not without the ability to re-interview them....

Man, how times have changed for the Mesaba pilots. Two years ago they were about to go the way of the do-do bird and now it is considered one of the top regionals.

Latest resources

Back