• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Selling Compass to Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have not read anywhere that Delta signed a codeshare with Midwest. If that is true, the Delta/Northwest pilots are in trouble. The DC9's can and will be replaced by 190's painted in Midwest colors. The narrow bodis will leave the fleet. The smallest thing that will be left at mainline will be the 319. Those will eventually be phased out also. The idea is to never hire at mainline again. Why? Because mainline pilots cost too much.

http://www.midwestairlines.com/AboutUs/News/Delta_Alliance.aspx

The codeshare is only one direction.

FWIW, it was determined in a high level meeting at DAL yesterday that furloughs will not be necessary. They were ready to pull the trigger on 200-500 furloughs, but it has been shelved.

The codeshare is only one direction.

FWIW, it was determined in a high level meeting at DAL yesterday that furloughs will not be necessary. They were ready to pull the trigger on 200-500 furloughs, but it has been shelved.

What's stopping them from furloughing? I thought they were overstaffed for the winter. Were you at the meeting or heard it second hand from someone who was? or what?

Had a mainline NW pilot in my jumpseat this week who stated that Delta was in the process of selling Compass to Republic. Is this true? He seemed very confident. I hope not.

Didn't know you could have jumpseaters in Flight Sim. I think you made this up. I bet there was no NW pilot in "your" jumpseat who said this.

What's stopping them from furloughing? I thought they were overstaffed for the winter. Were you at the meeting or heard it second hand from someone who was? or what?

The cost of the furlough as compared to keeping them on board (break even on a furlough is around a projected 2 years on the street minimum)....along with the need to be able to quickly expand in the event of an ailing usair or united.

It is extremely reliable information from my normal sources- not from a mechanic, haha.

As far as CPZ being sold to Republic, that rumor has been around since CPZ's inception as a result of people speculating about another Mid-Atlantic. There are protections in place- not gonna happen!

Ummm, here is what that same article states:

Midwest’s existing codeshare agreement with Northwest Airlines will be phased out and replaced with the new Delta agreement. Both Delta and Northwest will be using the Midwest code on flights they operate on mutually agreed flights and city pairs. The Delta and Northwest codes will not be available for use by Midwest on the flights it operates

It sure doesn't seem like a very big deal at all. And, I think Dalpa will look into whether or not the Republic holding company can have planes larger than 76 seats and still be within our Scope Clause. I am surprised United still has a deal with Republic (or Shuttle America etc) when they now own a direct competitor---Frontier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't think UAL/Republic is going to last much longer. Bedford is betting UAL is Chap 7 by the end of the year. It will be interesting to see how long they can limp by during the fall/winter. BB doesn't wanna get caught with this pants down.

Dalpa will look into whether or not the Republic holding company can have planes larger than 76 seats and still be within our Scope Clause.

It is legal per the agreement. Republic Airlines has been operating 86 seaters (175's) for USAirways for quite a while now. Since they are on a different certificate, it is valid. I think DALPA needs to look at the competition end of it though and how the guaranteed rates to RAH are being used to fund acquisition of competitors.

I agree, higherflyer. If they go after RAH, that will be the only direction. The whole seperate certificate thing throws a whole kink into most avenues of dumping their flying.

I don't think UAL/Republic is going to last much longer. Bedford is betting UAL is Chap 7 by the end of the year. It will be interesting to see how long they can limp by during the fall/winter. BB doesn't wanna get caught with this pants down.

In that case BB will probably just buy United then. Sheesh...

Latest resources

Back