• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Selling Compass to Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are crazy enough to sell Compass and then start another E175 operation in its place, just to show that they are calling the shots.

YOu said a mouthful there.....

I am not so sure of a "flowback" to CPZ. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 4 pilots per month was the flowback training restriction. Soo, it would take a very long time to ultimately replace all the CPZ pilots.

Minimum of 20 but that was based on the training only taking place in Montreal but they now have their own sim so that number should be higher.

Yeah-

And you guys think mgmt is gonna unilaterally cave on scope for "morale" reasons? You really think that is even an option-especially with these NWA jerks in charge?

-Damn-you just are not that smart....

Ditto

Minimum of 20 but that was based on the training only taking place in Montreal but they now have their own sim so that number should be higher.

With recurrent training events for pilots taking place every six months in both seats I doubt more than 20-25 could be in new-hire training per month and that is with the sim running 20 hours a day. Someone did the math and it supports that 20-25 a month range.

The last few weeks of recurrent has had their last day of training cancelled..... I don't think that the number would be much higher if not lower

Delta needs to keep pilot staffing high until the Single Operating Certificate is delivered by the FAA. When they get it there is some training to do for every pilot and it will require the higher staffing. Once the pilot merger and training is complete it's anyone's guess about furloughs and flow backs.

I think that DAL will make reductions, as they have already announced, but I think they will continue to trim in other ways. I think that we will continue to see furloughs at the regional level. I have talked to check airman and the CPO and they both agree that there will be a lot of SIL'S in the fall and a reduction in the line values. They have also stated that the boys in ATL would rather have the DCI carriers take the brunt of the domestic reduction instead of mainline this time around. Look at the Mesaba announcement today for example, I think there will be more of that. I have a friend in ATL on the 4th floor that says they are trying to prevent furloughs because the 93 furloughs are the some of the worst employees that Delta has for sick time usage, morale etc. So they are trying to prevent all the 07-08 hires from becoming another group of bitter employees.

The next 93 pilots in line will then just become the big sick time users. There moral will suck. A 5 year old could figure that out. Here's an idea........ don't treat your reservists like slaves.

Latest resources

Back