• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Selling Compass to Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot is in the works. As for CPS being sold. It is an option, but there is another on that is more attractive that is currently being looked at.
My bet, another scope sale with jets for jobs at Shuttle.

I'd hope we might go the other way and bring Compass on board and work on the Shuttle flying since those airplanes have a 99.9998% likelihood of being certified over the limits for permitted aircraft types anyway.

Last edited:
I have a friend in ATL on the 4th floor that says they are trying to prevent furloughs because the 93 furloughs are the some of the worst employees that Delta has for sick time usage, morale etc. So they are trying to prevent all the 07-08 hires from becoming another group of bitter employees.
After the beating the 07-08 hires will take on loss of status quo from the merger, that's good head work. I can see flight operations management thinking that way. The bean counters are another story. They are not running a daisy farm. They are not even aware of "morale" and aren't paid to care. If a pilot calls in sick too often, the fix is a mathematical one, fire him and hire a happy guy with no longevity.

My bet, another scope sale with jets for jobs at Shuttle.

I'd hope we might go the other way and bring Compass on board and work on the Shuttle flying since those airplanes have a 99.9998% likelihood of being certified over the limits for permitted aircraft types anyway.

doubt it, the reverend is about to have alot on his table and dumping 100+million right after the 30+million on YX. Hopefully this is DAL chance to dump some feeders so we can keep that money inhouse.

doubt it, the reverend is about to have alot on his table and dumping 100+million right after the 30+million on YX. Hopefully this is DAL chance to dump some feeders so we can keep that money inhouse.

So do you think this will be the chance that they take to dump Shuttle America and put DC-9s, 73s, or MD80s in its place? Or do you think they will dump them and grow Compass, Mesaba, or Comair? I had heard Delta owns the leases on those Shuttle planes that fly for them. Is this true? Anybody know? Thanks

So do you think this will be the chance that they take to dump Shuttle America and put DC-9s, 73s, or MD80s in its place? Or do you think they will dump them and grow Compass, Mesaba, or Comair? I had heard Delta owns the leases on those Shuttle planes that fly for them. Is this true? Anybody know? Thanks

Shuttle America owns its aircraft, we do not lease them from Delta. Delta owns most of the crj-900s being flown by its regional partners (not all of them). and the Shuttle America contract is thru 2016 so not much chance of them being dumped by Delta.

Shuttle America owns its aircraft, we do not lease them from Delta. Delta owns most of the crj-900s being flown by its regional partners (not all of them). and the Shuttle America contract is thru 2016 so not much chance of them being dumped by Delta.

unless delta has a no compete clause in their contract which I am willing to bet they have.

I still dont see them dropping them though.

incorrect, Delta signed a codeshare with Midwest (read republic)...Delta knew that Republic would be buying Midwest all along.

I have not read anywhere that Delta signed a codeshare with Midwest. If that is true, the Delta/Northwest pilots are in trouble. The DC9's can and will be replaced by 190's painted in Midwest colors. The narrow bodis will leave the fleet. The smallest thing that will be left at mainline will be the 319. Those will eventually be phased out also. The idea is to never hire at mainline again. Why? Because mainline pilots cost too much.

Latest resources

Back