Delta says "NEIN" to merger w/US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NuGuy said:
Actually, a CAL-NWA merger makes the most sense of all.

...except for hugely incompatable fleet types. The 757 is the only common type between CAL & NWA, correct?

Try again

XBOEINGDRVR said:
airways was never weeks away from liquidation, your an idiot if you think that md80drvr

The merger was moved up because, US Airways was less than a month from liquidation. Sorry, it's a fact.

I guess if you tell a lie over and over you begin to believe it as the truth, U was on death's door and that is a basic economic fact.

XBOEINGDRVR said:
airways was never weeks away from liquidation, your an idiot if you think that md80drvr

Whatever dude, I may be an idiot but I have a grasp on reality that you do not.

Where was U going to get financing from? I'm sure there were hoards of folks waiting to invest in U. I guess all the analysts were wrong about the state of U also. They, like me, must also be wearing their dunce hats.

Keep living in your bizarro world, I'll keep living in my idiotic world hopefully we will never meet.

A350 said:
So the East system is responsible for twice the profit......

A350

I think you're confused. You meant to say, "The West management is responsible for the East system profit, period". How many profitable quarters did U have prior to AWA taking over?

It is all in what your perspective is.

Agreed!

Ok, md80 post one article that says U was days from liquidation...oh wait... Parker said it so it must be true. Your reality is a joke, I was on the property at that time - were you?

BoilerUP said:
...except for hugely incompatable fleet types. The 757 is the only common type between CAL & NWA, correct?

Heyas Boiler,

This isn't nearly the issue these days as it was in the past. Both outfits heavily outsource maintenence, so the savings from common types from a maintenence standpoint is significantly less than it was in the past. True you have higher line maintenence costs, but those infrastructures are already in place.

As far as pilot costs, its really only two additional fleet types, the 737 and the 777. Chances are in a merger, the 330s (all leased) would go away, so it's a net gain of one.

Nu

machtuck said:
Usairways was not going out of business in days, combining east and west was a benifit to both sides.

Days away? I doubt it. You can make the "numbers" say anything you want. Case in point: How many quarters did TWA post multi-million dollar losses? Something like 10 years wasn't it?.... you people will believe anything...

Latest resources

Back