Delta says "NEIN" to merger w/US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NorskAir said:
Folks, why bicker and bitch about something you have no control over. If you are going to be pissed about off this merger and the seniority integration you are going to have a long and miserable career.
Just look at the NWA/ Republic folks, they are still at odds over this, and some of these guys are retired. Put that energy into making the new US Airways a great successful company.

Good one!!!!!!!!!

XBOEINGDRVR said:
airways was never weeks away from liquidation, your an idiot if you think that md80drvr

And the only reason why is that they closed the multi-milllion dollar deal with Air Wisconsin for DIP financing,allowing them to become a USAir Express carrier. USAir's financial position was so precarious that they had to merge the 2 airlines Sept 29 rather than Oct 1 as was the original plan or the old USAir would have run out of cash. Source? Doug Parker at the Mar 29th pilot brown bag lunch in CLT which I attended.

PHXFLYR:cool:

A350 said:
So the East system is responsible for twice the profit......

A350

Yes you are. Too bad you guys never had the management team to make it happen on your own. Maybe if you did, we wouldn't be merging and we could have gone our own seperate ways...Now THAT would have been nice.

PHXFLYR said:
Yes you are. Too bad you guys never had the management team to make it happen on your own. Maybe if you did, we wouldn't be merging and we could have gone our own seperate ways...Now THAT would have been nice.

Well, US Airways certainly made money in the 1990's all on their own. They came upon hard times, just like UAL, AA, NWA, DAL, etc....

The management teams brought in after Wolf and Gangwal certainly seemed to have motives other than stand alone success. That's pretty clear to anyone who watched it closely.

So, I agree PHX that it would have been nice for the airlines to remain separate, but what did Doug say about AWA's prospects outside of consolidation? I think he said they weren't too good.

Why don't you guys just get happy? You're right in the middle of an aviation success story but you can't stop wishing that it was different.

PHXFLYR said:

Ohh!! too much hot sauce in that one for me:laugh: !!!!

I guess I have to start calling you capt now huh?? It's about time, you've been holding up the show. Congrats brother!!!

WD.

BeCareful! said:
Well, US Airways certainly made money in the 1990's all on their own. They came upon hard times, just like UAL, AA, NWA, DAL, etc....

The management teams brought in after Wolf and Gangwal certainly seemed to have motives other than stand alone success. That's pretty clear to anyone who watched it closely.

So, I agree PHX that it would have been nice for the airlines to remain separate, but what did Doug say about AWA's prospects outside of consolidation? I think he said they weren't too good.

Why don't you guys just get happy? You're right in the middle of an aviation success story but you can't stop wishing that it was different.

I don't put any stock into what Parker has to say. He's nothing more than a BS artist,pure and simple who is letting his ego get the best of him. Therefore, I do not believe for one second his claim that without the merger our prospects were bleak.I mean if ATA could get Chapter 11 exit financing and they are only half the size they once were, I feel that someone would have been crazy enough to invest in AWA had the same thing happened to us. Regarding the "aviation sucess story", I think the only one that this thing has been a "success" for is Parker and his stock options. It certainly hasn't been us.

PHXFLYR said:
I don't put any stock into what Parker has to say. He's nothing more than a BS artist,pure and simple ......

I mean if ATA could get Chapter 11 exit financing and they are only half the size they once were, .......

Regarding the "aviation success story", I think the only one that this thing has been a "success" for is Parker and his stock options. It certainly hasn't been us.

Oh, well ok.....I thought you liked and had confidence in AWA management, but I guess that was another thread or another post. Must have been some other important point you were trying to make. So, in this post you seem to liken Parker to Stephen Wolf. That's not good.

SO, if AWA were half it's size and looking for money, that would be better than being the new US Airways? Wow, that's bizarre.

BeCareful! said:
Oh, well ok.....I thought you liked and had confidence in AWA management, but I guess that was another thread or another post. Must have been some other important point you were trying to make. So, in this post you seem to liken Parker to Stephen Wolf. That's not good.

SO, if AWA were half it's size and looking for money, that would be better than being the new US Airways? Wow, that's bizarre.

You seem to be having a bit of a comprehension problem with my post.Either that or you tipped back a few before responding. I cited ATA being able to get exit financing from Chap 11 being half their former size, not AWA.You sure like twisting words around. Regarding confidence in Parker,again you're wrong. ( Don't you ever get tired of that??)While I do give him credit for doing a reasonably fair job of salvaging what was left of AWA after the previous management regime left, I always suspected he was in it for himself and his merry band of henchmen in the corporate boardroom. His recent cashing in of his stock options seems to prove this.

NorskAir said:
Just look at the NWA/ Republic folks, they are still at odds over this, and some of these guys are retired. Put that energy into making the new US Airways a great successful company.

True, but they are a source of a huge amount of hilarity for the Bluebookers...its sort of a perverse amusement to see them going at each other...like a cockfight.

Feathers get ruffled, there's some loud screeching and clucking, and they go at it and you get to watch the feathers fly. As far as intelligent discourse from either group, it's on the same level as a cockfight there as well. Just a buch of yammering in a language you don't understand while you sit and wonder what all the fuss is about.

Nu

UsAir was 2-3 weeks away from being non existant. Fact. No company. No seniority list. No problem. This is fact folks. From many sources.

Now this question is, do we repeat history or learn from it. From the U MEC they have apparently learned not a danged thing. The 190 arbitration, they want 100% of the seats. This will be a real fun place to work at, with attitudes like that. What a joke. Good thing my fleet is planned to remain separate. Thank GOD.......

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back