Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A350 said:
xman:

yes....but I have a home elsewhere so it doesn't affect me directly.

However, I have lifelong friends at U that will never recover from this merger......so it p#$$es me off.

A350

Please explain to me what role the AWA pilots played in this merger.

It's sort of funny that you're pissed at AWA pilots for the sh!t that U pilots have had and continue to endure.

Should the AWA pilots just bend over and accept being stapled to the bottom of the list, just to make up for the years of sh!t that U management has put
them through?

How do you think your lifelong friends would have fared without this merger?

Roger that........

As a former TWA pilot, quite a few of us here at AWA, I have been through my share of senority S*IT. Now at the bottom of the AWA list, when I was hired AWA was in a growth mode, planning to hire nearly 200+ in 2005, but then the merger was announced and the 200+ turned into 20 or so, and since there has been constant stagnation here at AWA, at least for those of us in the right seat.

I am not trying to compare the pain on the AWA side with the pain felt over the past few years at USAir. But it is all in the eye of the beholder, so don't look for any sympathy from the common AWA pilot, we all have our own stories.

I am relatively optimistic for the future here at the combined USAir, but both groups have had there share of set backs because of this merger. Hopefully we can come together, and beat an industry leading contract from Mr. Glass!

A350 said:
xman:

yes....but I have a home elsewhere so it doesn't affect me directly.

However, I have lifelong friends at U that will never recover from this merger......so it p#$$es me off.

A350

So these life long friends would have done better with usair's liquidation that was weeks away?

Damn dude wake up.

Any future mergers between any legacy carrier and the new US Airways is going to be a bitter battle; it will make the AWA / USAirways merger look like a beach party.

DAL, NWA nor UAL is going to sit back and let relative or staple seniority take place, unless it benefits them.

Future mergers will be a challenge for both management and employee groups. When another merger is announced, I suggest we break out the popcorn, its going to be a long play, with alot of interesting schemes playing out.

iflyhigh

XBOEINGDRVR said:
airways was never weeks away from liquidation, your an idiot if you think that md80drvr

well I guess that makes me an idiot as well, along with Doug Parker and the other architects of this fabulous merger idea. Parker stated several times that they had to move up the actual date of the merger ahead of when they wanted because UsAir didn’t have the cash to keep the doors open for those few more weeks

Lake Alice said:
B6 and USair...well, half the company is already furloughed from there and its a good group so it works for me.

Don't think it's going to happen (I'm pretty sure you were being facetious). However, if it did, I'm pretty sure we'd end up stapled on the bottom of the list. I guess on the plus side the -190 folks would get a raise and our benefits would improve (for the thin-skinned that was sarcasm).

Latest resources

Back