Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
800Dog said:
Spooky,
Instead of quitting, I had rather exercise my right to strike. If Delta goes away, so be it. I am planning on leaving this profession in the next year anyway and could care less about other employee groups. They could care less about the pilots and the fact we have already given a disproportionate amount. My fellow pilots are the only ones I care about. Sounds selfish but, most people hate pilots and so, I could care less about the affect a stike would have on them. I will sleep well at night and feel good about myself when looking in the mirror. I refuse to allow any management team to rape me and my profession. I know you will not understand this mentality and that actually makes me feel good as I can tell you are not a man of honor.

Wow! You need to get a grip on you lip assh6le. I was walking picket lines when you were still wet behind the ears. Hey Bubba you don't know me or anything about me but with an attitude like that your doomed to failure. I think I will just sit back and watch you crater along with others of your ilk. You went on my ignore list pecker head.

Buckaroo said:
# of times "I" appears in the above post - 8
# of times "me" or "my" appears in the above post - 6
This post indicates an unfathonable amount of lack of integrity. What a bozo. This jerk will get what he deserves.

This guy sounds almost unstable. Can you imagine being stuck in the cockpit with a pilot whose venom is so strong that he poses a real danger to himself and those araound him. I know things are really in the tank over there but this guy is over the top.

Pilots union to appeal Delta pension ruling
Fri Nov 4, 2005 09:07 AM ET
NEW YORK, Nov 4 (Reuters) - The union representing Delta Air Lines Inc.'s (DALRQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research) pilots is appealing a bankruptcy court's decision to allow the airline to stop funding the pilots' $1.9 billion retirement plan, according to a court document filed on Thursday.

Spooky 1 said:
Wow! You need to get a grip on you lip assh6le. I was walking picket lines when you were still wet behind the ears. Hey Bubba you don't know me or anything about me but with an attitude like that your doomed to failure. I think I will just sit back and watch you crater along with others of your ilk. You went on my ignore list pecker head.

Nice language. Total lack of class. Loser!

anon said:
Are you kidding, the ASA MEC made an Eastern scab the head of the ALPA Security Committee...

Still tryin to figure how that happened. ASA never has and never will fly struck work.

Draginass said:
The real show to watch is Northwest. Stenland is going after the pilots with a chainsaw and, IMHO, is determined to totally subjugate the union. I don't think DAL management is that smart. I think Arpey at AA is sitting back and watching for the slash-and-burned "industry standard" contract so he can send the ultimatum to "his" pilot union . . . . of course, all in the spirit of "Win together" (or in reality . . . "You lose, but keep your job. We win and get you locked into a long term no strike contract like Eagle").

I wouldn't wish a "no strike" contract on anyone. It totally absolves management from any form of integrity or decency and you will be left with extreme frustration. Be careful.

Last edited:
DaveGriffin said:
You made some excellent points FBJ. Why did you delete them? I hope it wasn't a concern for the negative comments you could expect in return.

I was just trying to point out that the pilots still on the payroll at Delta now have to pay for those who have exited. Management and retiring pilots alike. The $300+ million pay cut is part of the price for those who have gone before you. And it will last until the debt is brought down to a manageable level.

Yeah, Delta management did poorly. Now labor has to pay. It sucks. If Europe is an example, the legacies will reduce their domestic flying much more than they to have to date. NewCo and B scales may be the trend to prevent that. Instead of Song, Delta will find some other alter ego to fly the 100 seaters if the mainline pilots don't play ball. Or Delta will continue to decline and hope they can maintain feed for international. Can you say Pan Am?

Last edited:
BS or?

Just talked to a friend in New York. He says there is a group of investors circling around the DAL,NWA. and possibly CAL as well. They are from Texas and you would recognize the name as a corporate raider right off the bat. No it's not FL. This is going to be interesting if there is any truth at all to the story. I have left a few out, but I think this may have some traction.

wolfpackpilot said:
The CMR MEC will do exactly what the CMR MEC is told to do.....

By D.W. and his kronies in Herdon that is.

The real question is what will the Comair pilots do? MEC's can easily make themselves irrelevant. As for the outfit in DC, it has been irrelevant for CMR pilots since before the strike; nothing has changed there.

Now that the NWA MEC has chosen to capitulate, it is left to be seen how that will affect the decision of the Delta pilots. I suspect the bravado will wane and they will do just what the NWA pilots have done; throw in the towel.

Latest resources

Back