Delta ready to void pilots contract.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Birdstrike said:
What you say may be very well true and while I respect those principles, how long is Joe Delta going to be able make the mortgage and car payments while living off a limited strike fund? More importantly, how much certainty is there that this kind of a job action will still accomplish the desired goal for the risks involved? Got leverage? That's all I'm asking.

Geez, you sound like a guy who would cross the line!

Pat Fabin said:
Dave,

As a former 3-year furloughee, I find your categorizing of the remaining furloughed guys as willing scabs highly insulting. Even in the worst times I'd never cross a picket line and I think you underestimate our younger pilots' integrity. Beyond the ethical and professional ramifications of scabbing, Delta's proposed pay rates are barely enough to attract someone to work here during normal times, let alone entice someone to cross a line and be labled for 30 years.

Do you really think the 475 pilots that are still on furlough are waiting with baited breath to come back to DAL at any cost? No way.

But, this isn't the first time you've painted DAL pilots with a broad, inaccurate brush.

You may, however, continue to bash the rich, disconnected, loser PRPs living in Peach Tree City. :)

-PF

We'll never get a chance to find out what the furloughees will do because there will not be a strike. The greedy b*stards that run the MEC may be big talkers but they have way too much to lose if they kill Delta.

The point I was making about the PRPs is that they were the guys running the MEC in 2002-2004 when the strategy was to deny there was a problem, stall and stretch out the C2K pay raises as long as possible. The PRPs don't care about the juniors now and they didn't care about them after 9/11. They have done everything they can to benefit the senior pilots.

They have taken the solidarity that you speak of so proudly and used it against you, to enrich themselves.

Buckaroo said:
Strike and put Delta out of business!!!!!

It will ultimately be up to the company whether there is a strike and it will be up to the creditors whether they will sell their assets at pennies on the dollar and lose their $15B/yr cash cow and force DAL into liquidation. The pilots have negotiated in good faith and contributed more then any other stake holder towards Delta's recovery. It is Delta management that has failed miserbly and $325M won't help.

Buckaroo said:
How can you picket a company that no longer exists? As soon as DALPA walks, Delta is out of business..........PERMANENTLY.

If Delta can't stay in business with the pilot deal they now have, $325m won't keep them in business. Management's request is just an opportunistic grab. GG said less then a year ago, "do it once, do it right", well we did, unfortunately management failed.

The real show to watch is Northwest. Stenland is going after the pilots with a chainsaw and, IMHO, is determined to totally subjugate the union. I don't think DAL management is that smart. I think Arpey at AA is sitting back and watching for the slash-and-burned "industry standard" contract so he can send the ultimatum to "his" pilot union . . . . of course, all in the spirit of "Win together" (or in reality . . . "You lose, but keep your job. We win and get you locked into a long term no strike contract like Eagle").

800Dog said:
Spooky,
Instead of quitting, I had rather exercise my right to strike. If Delta goes away, so be it. I am planning on leaving this profession in the next year anyway and could care less about other employee groups. They could care less about the pilots and the fact we have already given a disproportionate amount. My fellow pilots are the only ones I care about. Sounds selfish but, most people hate pilots and so, I could care less about the affect a stike would have on them. I will sleep well at night and feel good about myself when looking in the mirror. I refuse to allow any management team to rape me and my profession. I know you will not understand this mentality and that actually makes me feel good as I can tell you are not a man of honor.

# of times "I" appears in the above post - 8
# of times "me" or "my" appears in the above post - 6
This post indicates an unfathonable amount of lack of integrity. What a bozo. This jerk will get what he deserves.

FDJ2 said:
It will ultimately be up to the company whether there is a strike and it will be up to the creditors whether they will sell their assets at pennies on the dollar and lose their $15B/yr cash cow and force DAL into liquidation. The pilots have negotiated in good faith and contributed more then any other stake holder towards Delta's recovery. It is Delta management that has failed miserbly and $325M won't help.

No, it will be up to the pilots on whether or not there is a strike.

Latest resources

Back