• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta ready to void pilots contract.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To date no airline has had a judge "reject" their CBAs through the 1113 procedure, most parties not willing to swim in those murky waters, but NWA or DAL might just be the first.

FYI: Aloha is currently in the middle of an 1113c hearing . There were 2 days of testimoney on Fri and Mon and the judge continued it til next week.

You are right that no judge has ruled on an 1113c. So the Aloha case is very important in that the judge may set a precident.

The Aloha pilots were out in force at the court house on Fri and Mon. The judge had to set up an overflow court room so we could monitor the proceedings.
We will be at it again on Tues morning. Anyone in HNL is welcome to join us.

Spooky 1 said:
Well here goes. First of all this is the opinion of a sick mind combined with a little flame bait for good measure. First Delta sets up an organization like DSS (Delta Staffing Services) and rehires all the eligable early outs that want to comeback and fly. Since the existing cadre of pilots could give a Fuk about these guys and their pensions there will be no hesitation from some to return to the line. Next they profer flying to those on furlough from Delta and next those from other airlines who have the necessary experience. Then they use Comair, ASA and Skywest to fill in the cracks. This would barley keep the airline going, but it would probably play hell with the strikers.

Take a look at how many guys crossed or were hired off the street at CAL and EAL for starters. These folks are out there and with the industry and in the state it is in, you will find them crawling out of the cracks for these jobs.
Don't shoot the messenger here. Just beware that this is a real possibility. All the chest pounding and threats will not overcome the potential greed that is out there. Will the airline survice, probably not, but this is a real ughly way to see it end.

Spooky's got it nailed.

About half the retired guys here in Peachtree City would cross if it meant they wouldn't have to sell their house in the next year. Add to that some of the furloughees and you have a good start at at meaningful number of replacement pilots.

The pilots with jobs know that the line will not hold. The threat of a strike is all a negotiation bluster.

Sleepyhead said:
FYI: Aloha is currently in the middle of an 1113c hearing . There were 2 days of testimoney on Fri and Mon and the judge continued it til next week.

You are right that no judge has ruled on an 1113c. So the Aloha case is very important in that the judge may set a precident.

The Aloha pilots were out in force at the court house on Fri and Mon. The judge had to set up an overflow court room so we could monitor the proceedings.
We will be at it again on Tues morning. Anyone in HNL is welcome to join us.

I should have known that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Good luck and all the best.

DaveGriffin said:
Spooky's got it nailed.

About half the retired guys here in Peachtree City would cross if it meant they wouldn't have to sell their house in the next year. Add to that some of the furloughees and you have a good start at at meaningful number of replacement pilots.

The pilots with jobs know that the line will not hold. The threat of a strike is all a negotiation bluster.

Want to bet Dave? I am very close with many furloughess. Have known them since college and they would never cross. You are clueless as to how the Delta Pilots think. Stop speaking for them as it is very insulting and get a life!

800Dog said:
Want to bet Dave? I am very close with many furloughess. Have known them since college and they would never cross. You are clueless as to how the Delta Pilots think. Stop speaking for them as it is very insulting and get a life!

Dog;

We'll see what happens. You will be surprised when you see your buddies make the hard decision. I know them also.

Spooky 1 said:
Take a look at how many guys crossed or were hired off the street at CAL and EAL for starters. These folks are out there and with the industry and in the state it is in, you will find them crawling out of the cracks for these jobs.
Don't shoot the messenger here. Just beware that this is a real possibility. All the chest pounding and threats will not overcome the potential greed that is out there. Will the airline survice, probably not, but this is a real ughly way to see it end.

And CO posted what in the last quarter?

DaveGriffin said:
Dog;

We'll see what happens. You will be surprised when you see your buddies make the hard decision. I know them also.

Quit smoking the Chronic Dave.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Spooky 1 said:
Then they use Comair, ASA and Skywest to fill in the cracks. This would barley keep the airline going, but it would probably play hell with the strikers.

I have no idea what Skywest or ASA might do, but I would not bet on Comair being a part of that equation. Given management's ultimatum to the Comair pilots (they called it a "proposal") it is quite possible that in 6 months or perhaps much less, there will be no Comair.

surplus1 said:
I have no idea what Skywest or ASA might do, but I would not bet on Comair being a part of that equation. Given management's ultimatum to the Comair pilots (they called it a "proposal") it is quite possible that in 6 months or perhaps much less, there will be no Comair.

Surplus,
What is going on over at Comair? Are the Delta and Comair MECs talking? We are all in the same boat and it would be best if all ALPA pilots worked together and used all the resources available to us.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back