• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Genital,

Who's drunk?

We aren't talking about...

Airtran.
Southwest.
or 717s.

We are talking about you funding any payraises with a reduction in Profit Sharing, and...

Signing off on larger RJs when Mother Delta was under the gun to re-engine those smaller planes for possibly hundreds of millions of dollars. Just to point this out to you, it's called LEVERAGE.

You gave management an awesome gift. Some of your own MEC members saw it, meanwhile you were just drooling over you 'new' payrate. Wait until next time when they come to you for the next larger RJ deal. DALPA will fold again, and again, and again.

I have tremendous respect for those DL pilots that voted No. Sorry it slipped passed the goalie. Management knew they needed just 51% of sellouts like Genital.

Genital,

Who's drunk?

We aren't talking about...

Airtran.
Southwest.
or 717s.

We are talking about you funding any payraises with a reduction in Profit Sharing, and...

Signing off on larger RJs when Mother Delta was under the gun to re-engine those smaller planes for possibly hundreds of millions of dollars. Just to point this out to you, it's called LEVERAGE.

You gave management an awesome gift. Some of your own MEC members saw it, meanwhile you were just drooling over you 'new' payrate. Wait until next time when they come to you for the next larger RJ deal. DALPA will fold again, and again, and again.

I have tremendous respect for those DL pilots that voted No. Sorry it slipped passed the goalie. Management knew they needed just 51% of sellouts like Genital.

First drunk boy, the profit sharing actually gets better for the pilots depending on how the company does. Make more than $2.5 billion in 2013, profit sharing increases from 15 to 20%. Also, this profit sharing deal does not happen with this year's profit, so next Feb's check is unaffected, plus or minus.

Not every deal has an "RJ package.". The joint contract with NWA didn't have one. It has to be a good deal, and this one reduced RJ numbers and gave mainline a better ratio of domestic flying over DCI, while also improving international scope too.

The RJ engine deal may have saved the company money, but some of that was probably used to help fund 717 expansion, along with 30 more MD90s, which will replace 17 DC9s. That's expansion that will directly help thousands of Delta pilots. Your company is deferring planes.

Get off the sauce Red. It makes you look really jealous.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Haha. I do like the sauce General, but I think you maybe delusional.

You came right out of the gate worried about this deal and you were absolutely right.

Then you changed your tune. 38% of the pilots knew better than to buy off on larger RJs....no matter how it was sold.

You say...'The RJ deal may have saved the company money'. That shows you didn't even comprehend what was going on. Delusional.

You act like Delta is getting ready to do some massive growth. Where are you growing?

I think a SWA pilots should be the last pilot group to accuse Delta pilots of being "sellouts."

If you do, then you're living in the past. Every day I've spent on property, swa has had an industry leading contract and tightened scope and code share. But yeah, pilots back in the 80's took stock options that made them millionaires en lieu of pay. Wow, what sellouts.
Be clear, no payscale at virgin america, jetblu, or swa back in the day is even close to as damaging as RJs have been. Not close.

Haha. I do like the sauce General, but I think you maybe delusional.

You came right out of the gate worried about this deal and you were absolutely right.

Then you changed your tune. 38% of the pilots knew better than to buy off on larger RJs....no matter how it was sold.

You say...'The RJ deal may have saved the company money'. That shows you didn't even comprehend what was going on. Delusional.

You act like Delta is getting ready to do some massive growth. Where are you growing?

I can't disclose that due to possible SEC violations...;) (standard ALPA line). But things could be in the works. Stay tuned Red, stay tuned. But we do know via your own company's recent deferrals that you probably have little chance for expansion anytime soon.

I did just read though that a higher up at the company said DL could hire 7000 pilots in the next 10 years. You might hire 700 with your lack of retirements and younger AirTran guys coming in.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The only places that will be hiring will be the regionals as more and more mainline jobs are outsourced thanks to sell outs like the Genital. I wonder how the UAL and AMR scope negotiations will turn out now that Delta has reset the standard. Thanks!

Raising the bar? You've got to be kidding me.

DALPA had a TON of leverage because these 50 seat RJ engines need to be changed. They folded for a small payraise that was actually funded by a reduction in profit sharing.

Larger RJs on property for absolutely nothing given to the pilot group. Plus, it barely passed.

Another SW troll humping his way onto a Delta thread. I understand your frustration. Stagnation isn't something you're used to. Well son, GET USED TO IT!

Hey Internet tough guy. UA mgmt pulled their contract back- now they want bigger airplanes scoped out.
Think the AMR BK judge didn't notice you guys signing off on 70 more big RJs -

Sorry sellouts- you get no slaps on the back for any gains-
Enjoy the new pay- buy some great new things for yourself.
You were the first to sellout jets.
Now you're the leader in reloading the whipsaw market just as there was FINALLY economic pressure to Minimize it.

Mgmt plays chess, you guys drool on yourself flicking checker dots back and forth.

speaking of sellouts, how about what you guys did to the Air Tran pilots. You really are a tool with zero credibility. You are clearly obsessed with Delta for some reason and we are very flattered. Sorry you don't have any life. Now go fly your 6 legs and continue selling out your Air Tran Brothers. I gotta and go pick up my parents from their free 1st class flight home from Rome. Looking forward to your next hypocritical post.

Latest resources

Back