Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah- well as Disney said "you're only as good as your next movie"
Keep living in the past scoot.
Bc today- its Swapa that is the standard bearer among pilot unions. And has been for some time.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

The point is still- you guys sold out again and proved you don't get the damage outsourcing has done to the industry.

How many hours in an RJ do you have? How much damage to the industry did you do flying those RJs? How much did you pay for your type rating? How much damage to the industry did you do paying for your own rating?

Waiting for deflection

in 3...2...1...

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with you Scoot. This is a Delta thread about larger RJ's. Not a thread about Southwest. What's your obsession with SW?

I noticed you promptly deleted the rest of my quote. How MSNBCish of you!
Keep trying you pft troll. Go buy yourself a clue while you're at it. You guys are pathetic. Update that resume! I understand your anger. 1700 Air Tran pilots didn't have to buy their type, you 2 lovebirds did!:laugh:
DL will be hiring later this year junior, will SW?

The man that can't/refuses to stay on topic. Enjoy your wait behind those larger RJ's. You'll be number 12 for departure behind all that outsourcing.

The man that can't/refuses to stay on topic. Enjoy your wait behind those larger RJ's. You'll be number 12 for departure behind all that outsourcing.

Troll on something else you bottom feeding ****************************** bag! Get lost and stay off Delta threads. Worry about your impending furlough and stagnation to haunt your career for many years to come. Not to mention your pay which will no longer be the highest. You **************************************** have nothing to contribute to the conversation except flame bait. Go knob on your boyfriend wave, he seems to like the attention. I'm done with you two dickheads!

Scoot, the industry really doesn't need another captain tricked out of the cockpit and taken down by the pax. Might want to simmer down a bit.
I'm perfectly happy letting my point in the thread die now- but you got to let it.

This agreement reduced the maximum number of 76-seat jets DAL could outsource from 255 down to 223.

The CRJ900 has been authorized at DCI since 2006. Since that time the Delta pilots have negotiated a JCBA and a new PWA and in neither agreement has the number of seats been increased.

Your suggestion that this agreement is a stepping stone to larger RJs, like the CRJ1000, is not at all supported by the facts.

You are correct it did, but in the process it allowed 102 70 seat aircraft to be taking out of the 255 matrix. The gain is that section 1 now limits aircraft and not "jets." What the cost of 102 70 seat jets/aircraft worth the quid; time will tell.

There are gains in section 1. Even though I voted against the agreement, there are some positives. Not enough nor tight enough to get my "yes" vote, but there were gains made. What we not have is a workable document, but as I stated, I would have preferred the ball to be moved farther down the field.

You are correct it did, but in the process it allowed 102 70 seat aircraft to be taking out of the 255 matrix. The gain is that section 1 now limits aircraft and not "jets." What the cost of 102 70 seat jets/aircraft worth the quid; time will tell.

There are gains in section 1. Even though I voted against the agreement, there are some positives. Not enough nor tight enough to get my "yes" vote, but there were gains made. What we not have is a workable document, but as I stated, I would have preferred the ball to be moved farther down the field.

Actually it allowed 70 70-seat jets. In exchange for that there are 32 fewer 76-seat aircraft that could be authorized, 200 50-seat jets will be retired earlier, the company no longer has unlimited access to 70-seat aircraft, unlimited access to 50-seat aircraft, the capacity at DCI is capped at 15.5% fewer seats, thereby limiting future DCI growth, there is a mainline-DCI ratio, domestic and international code sharing language is tightened and we have global JV protection.

We all want more bells and whistles, better scope, more pay, etc. It's easy to pander to those desires.

the company no longer has unlimited access to 70-seat aircraft.

it's my understanding that previous contracts limited large RJs to 255 70 OR 76 seat aircraft- is that not correct FDJ?

Latest resources

Back