• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots - Thanks for raising the bar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Raising the bar? You've got to be kidding me.

DALPA had a TON of leverage because these 50 seat RJ engines need to be changed. They folded for a small payraise that was actually funded by a reduction in profit sharing.

Larger RJs on property for absolutely nothing given to the pilot group. Plus, it barely passed.

Another Idiot who has no idea what he/she is talking about. DAL was on the hook for operating most of the 50 seaters for another 10 years. Get your facts straight before post stuff that you have no idea about.

Another Idiot who has no idea what he/she is talking about. DAL was on the hook for operating most of the 50 seaters for another 10 years. Get your facts straight before post stuff that you have no idea about.

No excuses this time dude. You knew the ramifications and voted yes anyway

No excuses this time dude. You knew the ramifications and voted yes anyway

Enlighten us on the "ramifications" and don't just cherry pick more 76 seaters. Fill us in on the entire section 1 improvements and if you can't then go drink a big glass of STFU you idiot !!

Split,

What part did I get wrong exactly?

You're right, they were on the hook for the 50's and you gave them the pass they needed!

It's been posted on here many, many times from your own MEC members that the cost that DL was looking at with the engine changes was several million dollars. You gave management a complete pass by trading those 50's for the new 90's. It's a lost chance of using that leverage to get more for that trade in. You got nothing. Delta has to be laughing all the way to the bank.

20% over 2 1/2 years + increases in almost every work rule = "nothing". Got it. Tell that to UA/CO/US/AA etc. Plus, you clearly have no clue how the profit sharing is calculated at DAL. But then, you don't work there so why would you even care? I sure don't give a S#@t how it's calculated at SWA.

Last edited:
I voted no just because it was shoved down my throat so hard. I also didnt buy in to this 717/RJ issue needing a TA to happen. I felt it could/would happen as a business decision on a side letter w/ ALPA.
That being said it was a democratic decision and I will live with it.

Bring on the additional mainline lift/

Enlighten us on the "ramifications" and don't just cherry pick more 76 seaters. Fill us in on the entire section 1 improvements and if you can't then go drink a big glass of STFU you idiot !!

Hey Internet tough guy. UA mgmt pulled their contract back- now they want bigger airplanes scoped out.
Think the AMR BK judge didn't notice you guys signing off on 70 more big RJs -

Sorry sellouts- you get no slaps on the back for any gains-
Enjoy the new pay- buy some great new things for yourself.
You were the first to sellout jets.
Now you're the leader in reloading the whipsaw market just as there was FINALLY economic pressure to Minimize it.

Mgmt plays chess, you guys drool on yourself flicking checker dots back and forth.

Amazing that by sure willpower the DAL pilots will be able to force management to park the 50 seaters! Talk about speaking softly and carrying a big stick! Right on admirals...

It's about actually getting them parked, and then keeping them parked. If oil goes up and then down in price, RJ economics can look favorable or not favorable. Also, 311 50 seaters were still on solid leases through 2015, and now they'll be close to 125 total by then. But, you guys won't even be done squabbling within your own two MECs by 2015, so get back to us when you do, mmmkay?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Split,

What part did I get wrong exactly?

You're right, they were on the hook for the 50's and you gave them the pass they needed!

It's been posted on here many, many times from your own MEC members that the cost that DL was looking at with the engine changes was several million dollars. You gave management a complete pass by trading those 50's for the new 90's. It's a lost chance of using that leverage to get more for that trade in. You got nothing. Delta has to be laughing all the way to the bank.

Look, Red is drunk again! We just took half of your new additional fleet (717s), raised the rates past yours by the end of the short contract, and tightened scope for the better. You guys treated the AirTran guys poorly, and deferred 30 planes. How will your future talks go? I see stagnation for you, in your talks and your career progression.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back