• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta: Pilots' Strike Is 'Murder-Suicide'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The is the kind of symantic propaganda tripe that the executives in charge of Delta like to spew out to the stupid American public. "Murder-Suicide" indeed. They hype-up the language in hopes of gaining sympathy.

Screw Delta management. They are the ones that are probably lining their own pockets while they drive the company into the ground.

So what if management lined its pockets...all DAL pilots need to think about is the here and now. 1) President Bush would let you walk right after the earth crashes into the sun, 2) Why pi$$ on a fan? You're going to lose something...pick your poison! This isn't permanent, it just stings for a little while. When your kid skins his knee, you tell him this will sting when you pour hydrogen peroxide on it, right? But you tell him the pain goes away soon enough with the right bandaid and enough lube.

Take the blue pill.

Problem is the Delta boys are faced with, as James Kirk said.....the no win scenario.

If they strike, they lose everything. If they bend over, the numnuts on here will blame them for lowering the bar. There is no such thing as negotiating in BK....it is a slow, painful surrender. Ask any U or UAL pilot......they take what they want and the judge will give it to them because they are the ones running the company.

The Airtran pilots are salivating at the thought that the DAL boys walk.....so be careful what you wish for. When it is over, the NWA boys will get the same treatment. No pension, no jobs for many, and the possibility of a tomorrow. No promises though!

Boomer

DALPA won't strike. Mgt. knows this.

They will negotiate something, and the pilots will approve the TA.

This is industry standard.

Thanks ALPA. :angryfire

Airtran pilots are not salivating... we do drool when we sleep though...

We understand that a loss for Delta pilots is a loss for all pilots.

So ALPA must be in a pinch. Following the money... DAL, ASA, Mesa, Comair, I'm sure I forgot some... Seems like a lot of dues to prove a point. As a regional pilot who missed Airinc I sure hope you guys don't strike.
I know management is full of it and DAL really has trillions of dollars and don't really need pilot concessions blah blah blah.
By the way anyone read the New York Times article about the pensions... I know liberal rag blah blah blah

Spud said:
Airtran pilots are not salivating... we do drool when we sleep though...

Smart man with a firm grasp of the Big Picture.

Well said, Spud. There is plenty of venom in this industry without adding to the insult via this board.

I wish no ill on the Delta pilot group, but I also don't think this most recent situation is going to resolve gracefully on their behalf.

A350 said:
Problem is the Delta boys are faced with, as James Kirk said.....the no win scenario.

If they strike, they lose everything. If they bend over, the numnuts on here will blame them for lowering the bar. There is no such thing as negotiating in BK....it is a slow, painful surrender. Ask any U or UAL pilot......they take what they want and the judge will give it to them because they are the ones running the company.

The Airtran pilots are salivating at the thought that the DAL boys walk.....so be careful what you wish for. When it is over, the NWA boys will get the same treatment. No pension, no jobs for many, and the possibility of a tomorrow. No promises though!

Boomer

Noone, including you, knows if a strike will cause the Delta Pilots to lose everything. A strike could cause the creditors to lessen their demands. Only one way to find out. No pension, low pay, lack of work rules and poor quality of life. Not much to lose anymore.

Latest resources

Back