Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots stapled to the bottom of the list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, when will the furloughs start?

You would have been only happy if you benefited and everyone else got screwed. Move on to a different career buddy.
what is an RJ85 buddy. I am not giving you my hobby it does pay for my airplane;) I am sure that is one thing little men like you know nothing about except you are living above your income.:laugh:
Another little man with enough time to research my past post on flightinfo. What a LOSER. Get a life kido there is more to life than speedbird34 posts on FI.

Last edited:
40 positions on a 12,000 or so list is really nothing in the grand scheme of things. I am now 50 places back from some guys that were in my class that I think was 25. Do I care NO. What are the chances that those few guys ahead of me are going to want to fly the same aircraft out of the same base on the same days that I desire? Slim....I am still within 1% of my original seniority. Everyone has to start at the bottom. I would say we are probably at the best airline currently to be at the bottom. I am fully aware that I could get bumped off of my current aircraft but that is what happens when you are at the bottom of the list. I hope that if I get bumped I can stay in base and not commute, but once again if that happens what can I expect, I am junior. Some day we will move up the list just like everyone else.

I just don't get all the complaining.

He's obviously nervous, so give him a little slack, although he does need to tone it down a bit. I think we are headed into better times, and Bastain said that in the webcast. We supposedly will have around $7.5 billion in cash, and maybe another acquisition may be in the works, that will make us even stronger.

All the 'merger mania' crap was during when gas exceeded $100/barrel, and entered $140+/barrel. It was at that point that all airline CEOs (and apparently even Lee Moak) thought that a merger was a necessity to survive. Lets be real, it was not a necessity. You'll note that most other airline's abandoned ship on the whole merger idea. The Delta/NWA merger happened, and now gas is back down below $40/barrel. If you can't have a viable stand-alone airline plan with gas at 40 barrel, then you probably shouldn't be in business. It is still my opinion that Delta and NWA would be just FINE as stand alone carriers in todays crazy world. But now that the merger has gone forward, nothing we can do.

Good luck to all involved.

I can't wait for the DAL mothership whipsaw they have planned for all us Connection/Airlink carriers. Let the games begin! Oh wait, no, they've already begun.

Also, atleast our guys (everyone) has the Compass deal to fall back on IF anything does happen.
Can't you just feel the love? Ask some Eagle guys during the 500+ flowbacks how it was...

But hey, there are to be no layoffs of frontline employees. Anderson said so, and I believe any and all words that come out of an airline CEO's mouth.

Latest resources

Back