Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots stapled to the bottom of the list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tired of all the complaining and crying about the list. I hope we didn't hire any other speedbird types here at Delta. He is an embarrassment.

I don't think that the Delta guys that got "stapled" to the bottom have anything to complain about. No matter how you slice it, you were at the bottom of the Delta list before the merger and you are at the bottom of the combined list. I am near the bottom myself, but within 1% of my relative seniority before and after.

Long term this merger is a good thing for all of us. Like it or not we are now all on the same team. So join the team or look for employment elsewhere. Whining will do you no good at this point.

Don't really have an opinion on the "staple" job, but in all honesty from the day the SLI started everyone knew there was no other place for these guys & girls other than at the bottom of the list. That's what both sides had agreed to. It was in print long before the results ever came out.

I'd have to agree... King Speedbird is an absolute embarassment.

"guys like you are the reason our lifestyles keep getting eroded?" WTF is that?

"worker bee"?

You my friend are seriously F'd in the head.

Your probably bad enough to cross the Altantic with, heaven forbid any of the guys on the narrow body side have to fly with you after you get bumped with the attitude you seem to emit.

I truely hope this doesn't happen, but what you don't seem to realize is that even without this merger your position was in jeopardy. That's what happens when you are at the bottom of the list but on a senior piece of equipment.

Have a good weekend junior!

Don't really have an opinion on the "staple" job, but in all honesty from the day the SLI started everyone knew there was no other place for these guys & girls other than at the bottom of the list. That's what both sides had agreed to. It was in print long before the results ever came out.

I'd have to agree... King Speedbird is an absolute embarassment.

"guys like you are the reason our lifestyles keep getting eroded?" WTF is that?

"worker bee"?

You my friend are seriously F'd in the head.

Your probably bad enough to cross the Altantic with, heaven forbid any of the guys on the narrow body side have to fly with you after you get bumped with the attitude you seem to emit.

I truely hope this doesn't happen, but what you don't seem to realize is that even without this merger your position was in jeopardy. That's what happens when you are at the bottom of the list but on a senior piece of equipment.

Have a good weekend junior!

Kid! ;)

Tired of all the complaining and crying about the list. I hope we didn't hire any other speedbird types here at Delta. He is an embarrassment.

I don't think that the Delta guys that got "stapled" to the bottom have anything to complain about. No matter how you slice it, you were at the bottom of the Delta list before the merger and you are at the bottom of the combined list. I am near the bottom myself, but within 1% of my relative seniority before and after.

Long term this merger is a good thing for all of us. Like it or not we are now all on the same team. So join the team or look for employment elsewhere. Whining will do you no good at this point.

Easy for you to say. You are not in a position where pilots from a different airline, yeah you are not a Delta pilot, comes in and take your spot on your A/C and as a reult probably take a 15% paycut if you want to stay in base. However, if you are one of the guys who are flying a DC9 or A320 and plan on staying on your own equipment/base my aplogies to you.

Easy for you to say. You are not in a position where pilots from a different airline, yeah you are not a Delta pilot, comes in and take your spot on your A/C and as a reult probably take a 15% paycut if you want to stay in base. However, if you are one of the guys who are flying a DC9 or A320 and plan on staying on your own equipment/base my aplogies to you.

You do realize that Hazen is an original Delta pilot right? Nice job trying to flame him though for voicing his opinion. :cool:

Make that a 10% pay cut, since we will be getting a 5% raise on all equipment starting Jan 1st. Let me guess, you were not around at DL during 9-11? A lot of people got a 100% pay cut (furlough), and the rest got bumped down an aircraft or two. It comes with this job---just accept that fact and try to stay on a plane that is "acceptable" to you---and ride it out for 5 years. Things will improve after that....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm one of the staples. Personally, it cost me 40 positions. Not a big deal obviously and I'm still within 1% of where I would have been ;-). I'm not whining or complaining, just saying that it would have been nice to be integrated instead of stapled due to what can only be described as a technicality. Hopefully your "join the team or look elsewhere" comment is being directed at the more angry types.

Speedbird34 (the OP of this inane and inflammatory thread) is and has always been a TROLL to the maximum definition.
http://forums.flightinfo.com/search.php?searchid=2007433
Ignore & he (and this thread) will go away.
He also trolls (same name) ALPC forums, as a "racist!" screamer in every single unrelated thread.

Hey guys 2009 and a new Delta. Time to bury all our battles and accept the new change sweeping the country. I am part of that change big brother and I have nothing but love for humanity.;)
Peace the SLI is what it is and we shall get through it and hopefully all come out better.
Lets agree to bury the past and agree to disagree. The speedbird being a racist story is getting old. When I was called the N word here on flight info by some of you guys the thread got deleted. If you want to get quotes please recover and post that thread or lets move forward as brothers towards a better America.:D

tool

You would have been only happy if you benefited and everyone else got screwed. Move on to a different career buddy.

This is totally unfair. But I never supported the Merger anyway. Hoping the new Airline works out and the years we shall all spend on reserve as we get displaced does not hurt too much.
No protection from layoffs or displacement. The award has too many holes in it as regards displacement due to shrinking airplanes or moving equipment around.
We have already had displacements in system wide. I hope we have leave of absence when we begin shrinking. we get to keep our numbers during the layoff and also travel bennies. So we can go fly somewhere else and return when we can hold a line on a B767ER under my present conditions.

Latest resources

Back