Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots stapled to the bottom of the list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speedbird34;1727472 You sound exactly like a northwest pilot. If I had my way we would never be in the same company but the majority and share holders have spoken and that is democracy so now we suck it up and with time it would not matter who the RD's are or the ND's. And for the junior guys who got stapled I feel your pain. Take solace in the fact that hopefully a majority of this guys would be gone in a few years and our system would do the hiring for the future. It is a good thing they won they may have shut down the Airline otherwise. [COLOR="Red" said:
Don't think we won anything, the arbitrators picked the mid ground between the proposals. Seems fair to me and it's what I expected.[/COLOR]

No, I sound like FlyinPiker(a DAL pilot). There are only a handful who are angry, they mostly seem to be DAL new hires. THIS IS WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR! Sorry you're unhappy and blame Moak, you have other options.

Last edited:
Internet Tough Guy:

I wasn't whining, just asking a question. Yes, I would have still taken the job, but that's beside the point. The pilots who started in the last two classes were no different than those who started a class or two earlier and were integrated, that's all I'm saying. We made our decisions based on the same information back in Jan. and Feb., that is, we thought a merger might be coming. It's a matter of principle we're talking here; every new hire in the last two classes had their class dates and employee numbers, but weren't technically on property yet, so the good folks at NW made an issue of that technicality to get as much as they could for their pilots. Fine, that's life and I accept it.

I'd tell you to grow up, but I've read enough of your vitriol over the last few months to know that's not probable. Welcome to Delta.

If it makes you feel any better this is the 4th one of these I've been thru and they always draw a line at the end and somebody is always pissed.....

Save your lecture for those who care to hear your opinion. totally worthless to me and expected.

I know it is totally worthless to you at this point...'cause you got stapled and can't change it...welcome to reality...hahaha!

By the way, welcome to the new Delta!

Leave it to speedbird to get a flame fest started :rolleyes:

Time for me to grab some popcorn for this thread ;)
Time to move on fellas its a done deal :beer:

What are you so mad about? You were on the bottom before, you're on the bottom now. What's the difference?

I know it is totally worthless to you at this point...'cause you got stapled and can't change it...welcome to reality...hahaha!

By the way, welcome to the new Delta!

The Northwest vultures are coming home to roost. Show your true colors baby. I sincerely hope things do not work out so I can get my own laugh sometime in the future like when we get mass layoffs and I can say I told you so.
I never supported this merger and I am sure that the you guys who helped create the new Delta would make us wish we had the old Delta back.
To the new Delta may it be as crappy as I expect it to be. Laugh at the those poor stapled guys at least most of them have 30 more years to give the job. But you will not be around to enjoy a better future if the airlines ever get there.
Cheers to change and the old dudes stepping aside and letting the young grow.:beer:
And eat your heart out I have a few old northwest guys behind me. Not enough by any means. I got cheated by the award but hell I can live with that. More to life than the new Delta.

Maybe we can get a new union that starts from the bottom up. with one of those stapled Delta guys as the president. he would know how it feels to get the raw end of the stick. An excellent recipe for leadership. But please never a Northwest leadership. We need fairness and while Lee moak may have let us down at least he tried to be fair which is more than i can say for you vultures.
To getting a younger leadership from delta that works towards reducing the advantages of seniority as we know which is the ban of our unions.
Everyone should work equally, Everyone should share the holiday work days and everyone should have a reserve month. It is time for change in the Airlines and a new leadership by more progressive pilots with ambition and style not a group of old dudes and their cronnies with a foot in a coffin.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back