Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots stapled to the bottom of the list.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speedbird,

What do you think would have been fair?? Guys in my seniority did ok, but guys that were hired btw 86-89 will probably never fly wb capt. They would have their last couple of years w/out the merger due to our retirements but with almost 3000 put in front of them(mostly their age or younger) it is doubtful now. So it was not just your(2007-2008 delta) career aspirations that have changed. Would you rather be here or ual,lcc, amr????

That is true if you really believe this was a merger of equals. I do not!;)

Everyone should work equally, Everyone should share the holiday work days and everyone should have a reserve month. It is time for change in the Airlines and a new leadership by more progressive pilots with ambition and style not a group of old dudes and their cronnies with a foot in a coffin.

You can't get what somebody earned after being in a company for decades. It is called seniority.Again shows your entitlement attitude.

What you are fantasizing will never happen in DAL. The closest thing you may be able to find is some gig in Asia like Emirates (where everybody shares being on reserve).

Speedbird,

What do you think would have been fair?? Guys in my seniority did ok, but guys that were hired btw 86-89 will probably never fly wb capt. They would have their last couple of years w/out the merger due to our retirements but with almost 3000 put in front of them(mostly their age or younger) it is doubtful now. So it was not just your(2007-2008 delta) career aspirations that have changed. Would you rather be here or ual,lcc, amr????
Cobra, Don't try to reason with this complete idiot.
He writes:
I sincerely hope things do not work out so I can get my own laugh sometime in the future like when we get mass layoffs and I can say I told you so.
What a tool. Ever notice how no DAL pilots ever come to his defense here? He is an embarrassment to himself and his pilot group (which is now our pilot group too).
To getting a younger leadership from delta that works towards reducing the advantages of seniority as we know which is the ban of our unions. Everyone should work equally, Everyone should share the holiday work days and everyone should have a reserve month.
The rantings of a loser who thinks he is owed the world due to some perceived injustice. Read his history here and you can see he has hung his collective hat, in career and life in general, on that premise. He tricked the system by getting hired. That SHOULD be enough for him but, as you can see, it's not.

Speedbird, as others here have said: please quit. After all, there's more to life than the new Delta.

Speedbird,

Five year fence on base and equipment.

You get to enjoy your retirements and we don't screw by potential displacements by moving equipment around at different bases. Kudos to your union, you all got a much much much better contract than we did, and end up in much better seniority. I know you don't think a 409lb A/C capable of flying for 13+ hours is a widebody, but here at DAL a 1996 hire is flying it as a captain, so I am sure a 89 NWA hire could take it from a 96 DAL hire since you all did not get fenced from it. Enjoy it, your union earned it. Let's hope NWA MEC takes over and Lee steps aside, at to this point he has been a great service to, I am not sure who, not the DAL pilot group that's for sure.

I know you don't think a 409lb A/C capable of flying for 13+ hours is a widebody, but here at DAL a 1996 hire is flying it as a captain, so I am sure a 89 NWA hire could take it from a 96 DAL hire since you all did not get fenced from it. Enjoy it, your union earned it.

I am a "premerger" DAL guy, and a 1996 hire, and you need to tell the entire story. Yes, there are about FOUR OR FIVE late 96/early 97 hires flying 767 Capt out of LAX.

NOWHERE else in the entire DAL system is there a 767 captain (either domestic or international) hired prior to Jan 92...and those guys are near the absolute bottom.

There is not nearly as much distance between "an 89 NWA hire" and a 96 hire as your post would lead people to believe.

Let's hope NWA MEC takes over and Lee steps aside, at to this point he has been a great service to, I am not sure who, not the DAL pilot group that's for sure.

I predict that you will have one heck of a great career going forward at the new DAL, and that Lee Moak will have been an instrumental player in the process that enabled all that.

But you won't see it. In fact, I doubt you will even want to see it.

You sound exactly like a northwest pilot. If I had my way we would never be in the same company but the majority and share holders have spoken and that is democracy so now we suck it up and with time it would not matter who the RD's are or the ND's.
And for the junior guys who got stapled I feel your pain. Take solace in the fact that hopefully a majority of this guys would be gone in a few years and our system would do the hiring for the future. It is a good thing they won they may have shut down the Airline otherwise.

I don't understand your reasong on this.

Where were you from January 2002 through March 2007? I was FURLOUGHED!

Where were you when I was a captain at the regionals from 1997 through 2000?

You feel entitled to be senior to someone who was hired in 2000 at Northwest. Think about it... you are being a little unreasonable don't you think?

I am a "premerger" DAL guy, and a 1996 hire, and you need to tell the entire story. Yes, there are about FOUR OR FIVE late 96/early 97 hires flying 767 Capt out of LAX.

NOWHERE else in the entire DAL system is there a 767 captain (either domestic or international) hired prior to Jan 92...and those guys are near the absolute bottom.

There is not nearly as much distance between "an 89 NWA hire" and a 96 hire as your post would lead people to believe.

I predict that you will have one heck of a great career going forward at the new DAL, and that Lee Moak will have been an instrumental player in the process that enabled all that.

But you won't see it. In fact, I doubt you will even want to see it.

Great post, thanks for telling the whole story. Luckily we only have a handful of these idiots on both sides. I look forward to a great career at a great airline!

Latest resources

Back