• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots don't check for frost on wings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just want to say thanks to the Delta Pilots on yesterday's Flight DL1954 DAB to ATL for making myself as well as 3/4 of the rest of the passengers miss their connections.

The flight was set to depart at 0600, but taxied out at 0630. We taxied to the runway, stopped short of taxing onto it when a passenger told a FA that they saw frost on the wing, the Captain came out putting on his hat and jacket with a flashlight to look outside through the window, after a couple more looks we taxied back and he made the decision to wait till the sun came out to heat the wings and melt the frost.

My question is don't you guys do walk arounds anymore? That should have been found before you taxi out of the ramp. Plus when we got back to the ramp, these idiots never even walked out to inspect for themselves, they just waited till the sun came out.

Just for future reference, HOT WATER works great when by 0630 the temp was well abouve freezing.

Even if the flight left by 0700, everyone would have made their connections, heck the Delta flight that was due to fly after us, took off first

I was going to SMF, since I missed that I had to fly to SFO and drive, thanks.

What a bunch of idiots, morons, etc................

Quoted in case the OP "disappears"

Remind me never to tick you off, VOR. Internet forum stalking at its finest!

As far as the OP... ah nevermind- you got what was coming to you.

As far as the OP... ah nevermind- you got what was coming to you.

Precisely why he got the "big guns" on this one. You just don't go slandering/libeling other pilots *POINTING OUT THE DATE AND FLT #* and not expect it to be researched (in his own PUBLIC POSTINGS) for "credibility"

Holy great detective work VOR. Sounds like this dickhead suffers from the same tourettes syndrome that MCDoosh does.

VOR do you do PI work on the side? Nicely done!

DAB use to have a deice cart they pulled behind a tug.

VoR..
Since I can't send you a PM, I'll just add to what others have already said-
Nice Job~

always
motch

Don't work for DL but I do have to ride in the back of their planes from time to time. I would be very happy if the crew turned the thing around after noticing frost. I have seen frost form after walk arounds were completed. Especially after fueling. Better to miss a connection than the rest of your days. Just my 2 pennies worth.

I think I speak for most airline pilots.....I don't give a sh-t if you make your connection. My job is to get you there alive and well.

Latest resources

Back