• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots, does this apply to ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's see if I have this right.....Legally, the document does apply to ASA and CMR, but your MEC is "choosing" to not apply it to ASA and CMR....Is that the position?

Legal is all that matters. What an off the cuff position statement is, is just an opinion. This one is getting a workout.

I am not giving any statement on here that could or would be used in any upcoming court case. I am aware of all of the angels here. I am getting a little miffed at it too.

Fact is that as of today it applies to EV and OH. What happens down the road is anyone's guess. There are a lot of people that are willing to flight any perceived or real slide of scope tooth and nail. I am one of them.

Legal is all that matters. What an off the cuff position statement is, is just an opinion. This one is getting a workout.

I am not giving any statement on here that could or would be used in any upcoming court case. I am aware of all of the angels here. I am getting a little miffed at it too.

Fact is that as of today it applies to EV and OH. What happens down the road is anyone's guess. There are a lot of people that are willing to flight any perceived or real slide of scope tooth and nail. I am one of them.

We're both in agreement then that it applies to ASA and CMR, we're both "miffed", and we are both willing to fight "tooth and nail"....ALPA has created quite a quagmire here....

For those of us joining the discussion late, perhaps a summary is in order.

Is this correct:

There is a LOA either proposed, or already attached, to the new Delta PWA. This LOA would dictate that any new airframes awarded by Delta to a DCI carrier would be predicated on the receiving carrier agreeing to place furloughed Delta pilots at the top of their respective (DCI carrier) pilot seniority list. This is a beneficial outcome to the mainline Delta pilot as he/she would have protection from a furlough at Delta in the form of ultimately forcing a pilot at a DCI carrier either down a number on their respective seniority list, or, out of a job completely.
However, there is some debate as to whether or not this applies to Atlantic Southeast Airlines, or SKYW airlines.

Am I missing anything here? Is there factually more data to this thread that I've not summarized?

We're both in agreement then that it applies to ASA and CMR, we're both "miffed", and we are both willing to fight "tooth and nail"....ALPA has created quite a quagmire here....

I am guessing for different reasons though. Personally, I am sick of the continued outsourcing of flying.

Those are cool though....really! It must make you want to throw on a white scarf and yell "CONTACT"!

Or if you get captured by the enemy you can rip off your rank and name badge.:rolleyes:

you didn't mind it too much when you were at ASA did ya?:rolleyes: double brested coat a little too tight?

Actually I did. I saw DAL getting farther and farther away as DCI grew. I knew what it was doing to my career expectations. Do you?

Latest resources

Back