• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots, does this apply to ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe, Dan Ford writes "Captain O'Malley appears to state that the special "Jets for Jobs" hiring requirements of LOA 2006-10 do not apply to ASA and Comair."

The problem is Captain O'Malley doesn't have the authority to say that. If I see a letter from ALPA with Prater's signature on it, I will believe it....Why won't Prater put it in writing?

Because he cannot arbitrary change language in a ALPA carriers contract. It is between DALPA and Delta Air Lines, Inc.
To define it, it needs to be changed, by the two signing parties. Now Prater approves the contract, but he is not going to go and do something that these two have not completely signed on to.

Joe you know this.

The problem is Captain O'Malley doesn't have the authority to say that. If I see a letter from ALPA with Prater's signature on it, I will believe it....Why won't Prater put it in writing?

Captain O'Malley negotiated the contract. Intent is a huge part of any contract. O'Malley's view of the intent of the contract carries significantly more weight than Prater's.

Because he cannot arbitrary change language in a ALPA carriers contract. It is between DALPA and Delta Air Lines, Inc.
To define it, it needs to be changed, by the two signing parties. Now Prater approves the contract, but he is not going to go and do something that these two have not completely signed on to.

Joe you know this.

I realize that....My point was to those who say O'Malley says it doesn't apply to ASA. You say it does. The language says it does. There seems to be some confusion as to whether it applies or not....It also seems that one side is not going to be happy either way....

Captain O'Malley negotiated the contract. Intent is a huge part of any contract. O'Malley's view of the intent of the contract carries significantly more weight than Prater's.

Then why are some Delta pilots being told by DALPA that it does apply to ASA and CMR....Someone isn't being told the truth.....

Then why are some Delta pilots being told by DALPA that it does apply to ASA and CMR....Someone isn't being told the truth.....
Joe, I think you are getting confused. Call Tim. I think you need to hear what his stance is.

I disagree with DALPA's non-official stance on this.
To make it official (The way you and DF want it, there needs to be an amendment to the PWA. With the new MEC, I am not sure that will happen. With DALPA you never know)

Legally it applies. Kind of like the company's interpretation of what and when counts as a mainline jet.

There was a meeting on this on Friday.

Last edited:
Just give em back. If somebody else wants shiney jets, let THEM take the stupid 900's. Delta pilots can flow down with THEM. Or take them on property where they belong anyway!!

Joe, I think you are getting confused. Call Tim. I think you need to hear what his stance is.

I disagree with DALPA's non-official stance on this.
To make it official (The way you and DF want it, there needs to be an amendment to the PWA. With the new MEC, I am not sure that will happen. With DALPA you never know)

Legally it applies. Kind of like the company's interpretation of what and when counts as a mainline jet.

There was a meeting on this on Friday.

Let's see if I have this right.....Legally, the document does apply to ASA and CMR, but your MEC is "choosing" to not apply it to ASA and CMR....Is that the position?

Latest resources

Back