• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots Association - DPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to be a downer. BUT, minimum 10%(1200) more likely 15%-20% starting within the next 9-12 months.

I disagree and here is why,

Both companies just came out of bancruptcy and both companies just cut out the majority of the fat they didn't want. Also because of the merger we have alot of changes coming up that will require more staffing. The Nwa side hasn't even adjusted for the new staffing model.

Of course it could happen but currently there are
more reasons to not furlough than there are to furlough. We'll see

I disagree. If things go as planned, I don't see any furloughs. If the economy gets worse, I see 300-500 tops. And I think the furloughs this time would be much shorter than last time.

Agreed. Top end of the worst case number are a few hundred.

This was all in the making two decades ago when the mainline folks tried their best to keep the wholly owned regionals off their seniority list, out of their planes and lives..you are all harvesting the disunity you planted..enjoy it...

Merging Compass, then Mesaba, then Comair are a whole lot more realistic way to bring Delta flying back to the Delta pilots.

You wouldn't even have to merge the companies, just merge the lists and institute a cross bid. Each pilot agreement could be blended over time as circumstances permit.

But it's just not financially prudent in the coming tough times for ALPA to continue to negotiate and maintain four different contracts on the Delta property.

Ask your Treasurer what the "union" is spending for that [ie ALPA mainline + wholly owned CBA maintenance]. Since the mainliners like to constantly remind us how they're subsidizing the regionals, he might be interested in researching ALPA's policy of fiscal waste.

Last edited:
The Delta new hires that would flow to the top of the Compass list would make the same, if not slightly better, earnings. Most regionals now have trip / duty rigs, 401K matching, performance incentives and profit sharing .... our insurance was worlds better. To sum up, a DAL pilot could bid the left seat of Compass to make more money under current contracts without costing you any of your bargaining capital.

Fins...I thought you were an advocate of a "W2 style" merger...Is that no longer the case?

This was all in the making two decades ago when the mainline folks tried their best to keep the wholly owned regionals off their seniority list, out of their planes and lives..you are all harvesting the disunity you planted..enjoy it...

Words of wisdom...Too bad more mainline pilots don't think the same way....

Joe - let me invite you to stop hijacking threads that don't involve you.

We already have a flow with everyone in seniority order and Puffdriver was right. At the most the difference between the two is .... wait for it .... 0.003%

I've never been an advocate of W2 style mergers. W2 is simply one way to evaluate the status quo, including other factors such as equipment type, relative seniority and now, even future attrition. I look to what prior decisions have been and form my expectations on common sense and precedent.

I thought you wanted one list, to fix ALPA, stronger scope... is that no longer the case? :rolleyes:

Sorry folks - reply was a waste of space. Joe added to ignore list, it will not happen again.

Last edited:
The Delta new hires that would flow to the top of the Compass list would make the same, if not slightly better, earnings. Most regionals now have trip / duty rigs, 401K matching, performance incentives and profit sharing .... our insurance was worlds better. To sum up, a DAL pilot could bid the left seat of Compass to make more money under current contracts without costing you any of your bargaining capital.

Are you saying that if they were to flow down to Compass they would make more? Or are you saying they would make more if they flew at Compass with Delta work rules. ?

No Delta pilot that were to flow down to Compass would make as much money as they did at mainline, EVEN if they are a Compass check airman.

This is not only a product of bad pay at Compass but also a total lack of good work rules. It is impossible to credit more than 1200 hours per year except for a few exceptions such as training months.

No trip rigs.

No duty rigs.

Vacation=7 days off in a row and 14-15 total for the month.

Hotels not nearly as good as mainline.

And so on.

All in all, any mainline pilot could make more money than any Compass pilot and even a DC-9 FO on reserve might have a better QOL.

Sorry folks - reply was a waste of space. Joe added to ignore list, it will not happen again.

Damn Joey, even I haven't put you on the ignore list. Pretty bad when a former RJDC supporter won't even listen to your crap anymore. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back