• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots Association - DPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are blowing this out of proportion to make youself feel better about not getting to a major yet. I'll bet if Delta started hiring you would be one of the first to get your resume in without telling anyone! "Sacrifice it all" give me a break stop being so melodramatic.
Well lets see, Delta was hiring for about a year and a half, didn't apply. You junior guys at Delta are the ones screaming about flow downs right now because you know that your butt is in a sling with the furlough coming. Fortunately for all of us uneducated backwoods regional pylits we are at least smart enough to see your ploy from a mile away. So go ahead and believe that your going to get a flow down into an Rj that doesn't belong to you because you sold it. Yes we are contractors, I don't have a problem with it. Matter of fact when your senior guys sell you down the river again and we get more airplanes, i'll be fine with that too. Don't believe it will happen? Just ask General Lee who swore up, down, left, and right that we would never see anything bigger than a 700, he was wrong just like you are. No one at the reionals wants to take your job, guess thats a difference between us, but if there is going to be a staple, we will be treated fairly. You might think you can bully us into taking what you give, but I think you will be surprised.

This thread is the most effective recruitment tool for an inhouse union anyone could ask for.

Time to separate mainline and regional pilots on a representational level (the separation on an intellectual level is well evident these last few pages.)

Where do I sign up?

That's just the way it is. We do not want your left seat. I would rather stay in my right seat in the A-320 than the left seat of a E-175, but when we start having our DC-9's replaced by CONTRACT regional feed and end up with more pilots than airplanes, we feel the left seat of our replacement jets is better than the street. You are flying under the Delta shell. Your airline does not sell tickets. You can be replaced at any time. The one that comes to mind is ACA with United. They tried to be a real airline and didn't make it. So did part of Expressjet. When it comes time to renew your airline's contract, Delta can and will threaten to not renew it unless you put a flow-down agreement in it. If your contract is not up for a while, Delta can threaten to terminate it as soon as it is up if your airline doesn't ammend it. This has happened before at other airlines and will happen again. Life isn't fair. Deal with it.

Actually that would be fair.

It's a UNION. We all do better when we work together. Your pay is effected by the pay pilots at regionals get. And you are right... we don't own the flying we get. But perhaps we should. It would bring stability to the regionals, which would allow us to get higher pay, which would eventually benefit you.

Turbo

The last regional to own their own flying was Independence Airlines.

Well lets see, Delta was hiring for about a year and a half, didn't apply. You junior guys at Delta are the ones screaming about flow downs right now because you know that your butt is in a sling with the furlough coming. Fortunately for all of us uneducated backwoods regional pylits we are at least smart enough to see your ploy from a mile away. So go ahead and believe that your going to get a flow down into an Rj that doesn't belong to you because you sold it. Yes we are contractors, I don't have a problem with it. Matter of fact when your senior guys sell you down the river again and we get more airplanes, i'll be fine with that too. Don't believe it will happen? Just ask General Lee who swore up, down, left, and right that we would never see anything bigger than a 700, he was wrong just like you are. No one at the reionals wants to take your job, guess thats a difference between us, but if there is going to be a staple, we will be treated fairly. You might think you can bully us into taking what you give, but I think you will be surprised.

Hold on there a minute. You must be confusing me with someone else that you replied to. One, I never said regional pilots wanted to take my job, are there some that would(lifer regional)? ,yes, but I wasn't speaking that of the whole. Second our scope is our problem. I don't hold it personally against anyone who flies a DCI regional jet, that is for my MEC to worry about. As long as it is inside the scope giddy up. I never called anyone a backwoods uneducated regional pilot. Lastly all I was doing is calling you out on the "never wanted to be there in the first place attitude".

The truth, as I see it, is that you unfortunately didn't get in on a few cycles of hiring. Then as time passed, with the feeling of many more years of stagnant hiring, you don't see it happening. So you are holding tight to your job(which is fine) and pissed off with the idea of someone from the majors bumping you back after you felt that they took their chances. They get the furlough they deserve. Which again is fine. BUT the difference between you and me is that I never claimed to have not wanted the Major, blew it out of proportion to say "sacrifice it all" "twenty year upgrades" calling Delta pilots "morons and Pricks""never have a chance to upgrade" and on and on.....That my friend is fear and resentment talking, and you are taking it out on everyone else. Check the mirror jack.

You are a contract employee. Your job is subject to revocation.

That's just the way it is...we feel the left seat of our replacement jets is better than the street. Life isn't fair. Deal with it.

This thread is the most effective recruitment tool for an inhouse union anyone could ask for...Where do I sign up?

So why do Delta pilots shop the pretense of a national union at all? They obviously have no concept of union outside their own cult.

For example: the outrage they fake when a Skywest or jetBlue vote ALPA down - where does that come from? They seem to get their feeling hurt when a pilot group says "I want no part of that." Their reputation as "partners with management" precedes them.

Fascinating tap dance to watch.

Last edited:

So why do Delta pilots shop the pretense of a national union at all? They obviously have no concept of union outside their own cult.

For example: the outrage they fake when a Skywest or jetBlue vote ALPA down - where does that come from? They seem to get their feeling hurt when a pilot group says "I want no part of that." Their reputation as "partners with management" precedes them.

Fascinating tap dance to watch.

Speaking of tap dancing, let's break down the art of 22's tap dancing. I will do this with a hypothetical scenario between N2264J and his spouse. The part of him will be played by me, the part of his wife will be played by me. In it, you will see the mastery of how he manages to change topic when the subject isn't going his way.

N2264J argument with spouse:

N2264J Spouse: Would you please explain this cell phone number all over the bill that I don't recognize

N2264J: Why do you do that?

N2264J Spouse: Do what?

N2264J: Always talk with that weird accent when you say the word "explain"

N2264J Spouse: What does that have to do with an explanation of a suspicious phone number on the bill?

N2264J: There it is again. That really annoys me to no end.

N2264J Spouse: Fine, I'll try to refrain from doing it, now about this phone...

N2264J: (Interrupting) Great, now I'm late to go fly one of the approximately 4,152 aircraft in my FI profile. I hope your happy. (Storms out of the room)

The preceding was purely fictional. All characters are fictitious, but based on actual events.

Latest resources

Back