• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots Association - DPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That Joe is where you are incorrect. I will afforded them the same place I would expected to be with the "fix." I knew and still know where the cards would fall if this was done. That in essence is why I came to DAL. Best case I jumped at least 800 numbers.

Here's an idea, seat protection for all rj pilots for a minimum of 15 years, plus first crack at all upgrades on the rj go to all fo's of each regional on the senority list at the time of staple. The ability to bid into larger equipment when the new stapled senority number can hold it, and no furloughs of regional pilots unless there is a reduction in rj flying for five years. If the mainliners could agree to that i think you could work out a staple, but you guys don't want to compromise on anything, you just want to have your way and for all of us to just sit back and let you. As I talk to more and more captains at ASA and other carriers I find that most are not willing to sacrafice their present position for the chance to fly a bigger airplane for less money and alot less job security. The fact that regional contracts have gotten better coupled with more growth from scope erosion makes it harder and harder to make the jump. After this last downturn expires in another five years or longer I will have 11 years in at ASA, why would I or anyone else in my position sacrafice it all to jump to the bottom of a list and never have the chance to upgrade again. With the mergers going on now any new hires or the most junior pilots on the new list are looking at a minimum of twenty years to upgrade. For me, I just don't see the benefit of changing lanes.

Heyas,

This thread is a perfect example of why this process will never work. The reasonable people start coming up with reasonabe solutions, and the whole process gets hijacked by losers who should still be flying stool samples in a 402.

The good thing about the whole grievance is that it has energized the pilot group.

A word to the junior scooters, dont let the old bitter guys ruin what could be a good dead. You saw it Comair and XJ. Any goodies that might be on the table will be gone...no longevity for vacation, no DOH for nonrevving...nothing. You'll get what you get, and be thankful you're not mowing my lawn.

Nu

Heyas,

This thread is a perfect example of why this process will never work. The reasonable people start coming up with reasonabe solutions, and the whole process gets hijacked by losers who should still be flying stool samples in a 402.

The good thing about the whole grievance is that it has energized the pilot group.

A word to the junior scooters, dont let the old bitter guys ruin what could be a good dead. You saw it Comair and XJ. Any goodies that might be on the table will be gone...no longevity for vacation, no DOH for nonrevving...nothing. You'll get what you get, and be thankful you're not mowing my lawn.

Nu

Yep. That is why a list merger will not happen. It is also precisely why flow through with cooperative carriers is the best way to go. Like the RJDC, it is a minority which will kill a reasonable deal via false claims of leverage. He claims the superior job, the ability to predict the future, and to speak for all ASA pilots. Bottom line, a deal cannot be struck that offers only upside potential for RJ pilots without the downside risk as well. The legacy is the superior job. In two years, ACL is back to where he was with ASA. I did it in 6 months. Keep talking to those captains, they will be your captains for a very long time:

From outtahere:

Here's an idea, seat protection for all rj pilots for a minimum of 15 years, plus first crack at all upgrades on the rj go to all fo's of each regional on the senority list at the time of staple. The ability to bid into larger equipment when the new stapled senority number can hold it, and no furloughs of regional pilots unless there is a reduction in rj flying for five years. If the mainliners could agree to that i think you could work out a staple, but you guys don't want to compromise on anything, you just want to have your way and for all of us to just sit back and let you. As I talk to more and more captains at ASA and other carriers I find that most are not willing to sacrafice their present position for the chance to fly a bigger airplane for less money and alot less job security. The fact that regional contracts have gotten better coupled with more growth from scope erosion makes it harder and harder to make the jump. After this last downturn expires in another five years or longer I will have 11 years in at ASA, why would I or anyone else in my position sacrafice it all to jump to the bottom of a list and never have the chance to upgrade again. With the mergers going on now any new hires or the most junior pilots on the new list are looking at a minimum of twenty years to upgrade. For me, I just don't see the benefit of changing lanes.

I don't see the regional contracts getting better. Comair, Air Wisconsin, and ACA were the best paid regionals with the best contracts. Comair and Air Wisconsin have taken significant paycuts while ACA doesn't exist anymore. Republic is negotiating a new contract right now. We will see what they get. I have a feeling it will not be much better than what it currently is. They will probably give up captain pay to raise the first officer pay. There is a whipsaw at the regionals. This holds you back. It took me 1 year to get to a higher hourly wage than 9th year captain pay at my regional (I was only on 4th year pay when I left). The legacy job is superior to yours. Don't kid yourself.

No see I am a Captain and want to keep it that way. You all can keep your right seats in the big ole 767, I'll be happy in my rj as long as Delta management, read not Dalpa, cancels our contract.

I don't see the regional contracts getting better. Comair, Air Wisconsin, and ACA were the best paid regionals with the best contracts. Comair and Air Wisconsin have taken significant paycuts while ACA doesn't exist anymore. Republic is negotiating a new contract right now. We will see what they get. I have a feeling it will not be much better than what it currently is. They will probably give up captain pay to raise the first officer pay. There is a whipsaw at the regionals. This holds you back. It took me 1 year to get to a higher hourly wage than 9th year captain pay at my regional (I was only on 4th year pay when I left). The legacy job is superior to yours. Don't kid yourself.
Good for you, when you get furloughed how much will you be making?

Good for you, when you get furloughed how much will you be making?

I would be making 64 hr at Compass, which is 3.00 less than I was making at XJT. Say I'm furloughed for 3 yrs, when I come back to DAL I would be on year 5 pay scale. Trust me it is better on this side. Keep telling youself you are better at ASA. I hope it works our for, I really do.

If you are like 55 plus maybe you should stay.

No see I am a Captain and want to keep it that way. You all can keep your right seats in the big ole 767, I'll be happy in my rj as long as Delta management, read not Dalpa, cancels our contract.

That explains it then....RJCS

Regional jet captain syndrome. Very telling indeed.

I'll go back to the right seat of a 767 than the right seat of an rj. 116 if I go back, 61 if you go back. No brainer. Another 100 50 seaters parked this year alone. Where oh where will they come from?????????????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back