• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta, Northwest Focus On Joint Pilot Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A truer statement could not be made. However, they do need us.

face it...there is nothing a mainline pilot can do for $100/hr that a Virgin America, Skybus, regional, or Flight Simulator X pilot won't do for $40/hr.

The Spite which was placed on furloughed Delta Pilots has not been forgotten, even by those not affected by it.

You are following a logical fallacy.

William

No point in punishing all Comair pilots simply because of the decisions made by their previous MEC.

THAT would be illogical.

You have proposed a reasonable solution regarding intergration.

I wish that you had been as vocal about a reasonable solution during the Delta Furloughs.

William

PS - I was never furloughed.

If they want to merge they have to have the pilots support which gives the pilots something they haven't had in many, many years...leverage.

If I were in charge I would cherry pick the best work rules and ask for the highest pay between the two companies, then I would merge the mainline lists on a percentage basis respecting wide body and narrow body differences (this is a little more difficult than I make it sound, but doable). Further I would merge Comair, Mesaba, and Compass onto the same list stapled to the bottom of the mainline list and scope out any additional outsourced airframes. All existing contracts will be honored but any additional flying within the DeltaWest system would be flown by DeltaWest pilots (crazy concept, eh?).

Notice I wouldn't ask for a large pay and benefit raise, but I have set up a contract which will give the pilots a lot of leverage when it becomes amendable.

Oh, and free valet service.:D

NW and DAL pilots should be VERY VERY careful about anything the dictators in management come up with. You can bet they're going to try and give the pilots the "bum's rush" to get a deal done super quick. The manta will be "just sign it and we'll work out any problems later."

DAL and NW pilots have been been bent over the table by these executive pirates. I hope they've had enough of being humiliated and are going to stand their ground.

amen brother.....keep preaching.....I hope the MEC is listening

No point in punishing all Comair pilots simply because of the decisions made by their previous MEC.

THAT would be illogical.

The point of the matter is when the furloughs went down...,....1 guy tried to recall the MEC at Comair and got beat down. Everybody there was happy with what was going down. They put their boot in the eye of a furloughed pilot (notice I didn't say DELTA).

That pilot group used furloughees as pawns in their scope politics.......no matter how you spin it...IT'S WRONG!!!! All these guys wanted was an entry FO job, not a flowdown....A JOB and they still stuck it up their A$$

The whole group on the property at that time deserves no interview with Delta. Those that came after the fact are along for the ride....we all make choices and the junior guys made theirs by going to Comair without research.

This is all about righteous retribution.....A lesson needs to be learned....never turn your back on a guy down on his luck, mainline, commuter, cargo.....you just fdon't do it. It's a tough lesson, but one that can be passed on. Plenty of other outfits are hiring and to quote JC Lawson....I think "it would be unsafe" if I had a Comair pilot in my cockpit.

The Spite which was placed on furloughed Delta Pilots has not been forgotten, even by those not affected by it.

So to be clear. The Delta pilots expected the Comair pilots to give something up out of their already humble contract to offset the training costs of putting Delta furloughees in Comair seats plus whatever scheduling burdens may come to the Comair pilot group from 20 - 30 furloughees a month being called back to mainline, which manifests itself as junior manning and extentions.

What seems to go unsaid in the Delta pilot group is that all ALPA furloughees were welcomed at Comair. In fact, I've flown with United and US Airways furloughees who didn't seem to have a hard-on about being here. The only pilot group that suffers from the much ballyhooed righteous indignation are the Delta pilots who seem to have this "birthright" sense of entitlement.

Look, the Delta furloughees could have simply been displaced to Comair and ASA aircraft had the DMEC championed a merged seniority list in 2000. They didn't. We're separate. You got what you wanted.

And before you respond with the old saw about how a merger was impossible, it is the right of union employees to "bargain collectively" under federal law.

So stop the sanctimonious pouting about being treated like everybody else. Your MEC tried strong arming the little-regional-commuter-feeder-farm team and it didn't work. Smear is all you have left.

Last edited:
So to be clear. The Delta pilots expected the Comair pilots to give something up out of their already humble contract to offset the training costs of putting Delta furloughees in Comair seats plus whatever scheduling burdens may come to the Comair pilot group from 20 - 30 furloughees a month being called back to mainline, which manifests itself as junior manning and extentions.

ASA didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Which is probably why ASA pilots must be getting hired by the dozen at Delta, while Comair pilots are probably an exception.

Um......What costs junior? How was this coming out of the pockets of the comair pilots?

What seems to go unsaid in the Delta pilot group is that all ALPA furloughees were welcomed at Comair. In fact, I've flown with United and US Airways furloughees who didn't seem to have a hard-on about being here.
Were they asked to resign their seniority numbers from their carriers like the DL furloughees were?

The only pilot group that suffers from the righteous indignation are the Delta pilots who seem to have this "birthright" sense of entitlement.
Translation:
I can't get hired at a legacy because I have something in my background keeping me stuck here!

Look, the Delta furloughees could have simply been displaced to Comair and ASA aircraft had the DMEC championed a merged seniority list in 2000. They didn't. We're separate. You got what you wanted.
A seniority steal is not a merged seniority list sparky!

And before you respond with the old saw about how a merger was impossible, it is the right of union employees to "bargain collectively" under federal law.
Then they file a frivilous lawsuit costing millions to union workers, and the only one getting paid, was the lawyer! You guys are genius!

So stop the sanctimonious pouting about being treated like everybody else. It just doesn't wash anymore.
I'll be singing that same tune at your liquidation party!:D

Latest resources

Back