• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta, Northwest Focus On Joint Pilot Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bet $10 there is a merger before a pilot deal is hammered out.

That would be "Captain" junior to you, First Officer Pyle. Don't you have a walk around to do or something?

I'll tell you what "captain," after the liquidation, we'll give you the same consideration you gave the Delta pilots!:laugh:
Polish up that resume sport!;)

ASA management came from Delta management. Additionally, ASA does not have the company policy of dropping your current seniority number when hired.

If ASA were still a wholly owned, the hiring ratio would be about the same. When a Comair pilot is hired, Delta pays for three training events; when an ASA pilot is hired, they pay for one training event.

Contrary to what the Delta pilots claim, an internal union dispute has no bearing on Delta's hiring practice. Management couldn't care less.

Come to think of it, you shills do management's bidding by continually exacerbating and perpetrating our union's internal conflicts with your pet wedge issues.

Of course you are right. I mean, who better to know about the hiring practices of our management than you, right?

Ok, now back to reality. You are incorrect on all counts, as usual. You and Joe Merchant are hilarious the way you have this industry all figured out yet are never right about any of you hypothesis.

If what you say is true, than we would also have a large amount of pilots being hired from other regionals. We are not. I have flown with 3 Pinncle, 1 Mesaba guy, 3 Chautauqua, 15 Skywest, and about 25 ASA, 1 Comair--who was an intern here and had been at Comair about 2 years, and 7 or 8 military.

That's not exactly an even playing field. You are trying to explain the numbers with nothing to back you up. These show the complete lack of understanding you have with pretty much anything that has to do with Delta.

But keep trying, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I will dig around a bit, and see if I can find JCs letter where hethought that Comair pilots and Delta pilots in the same cockpit would be unsafe. it's out there. He had the power to influence, and indeed it later happened that Delta pilots could be hired without resigning their seniority.

Somehow I have a feeling that you will keep digging your own hole, so I will post this for now.

Divide and we will fall....

I was not even at Comair when Delta pilots were first furloughed and am sorry that it happened. Comair had furloughes while I was here and I am sorry they were also furloughed. We must put these disagreements behind us in times like this. It is the only way we will not be taken advantage of by our management group.

Good luck to all pilot groups involved during these times. We are all going to need it.

I have flown with 3 Pinncle, 1 Mesaba guy, 3 Chautauqua, 15 Skywest, and about 25 ASA, 1 Comair--who was an intern here and had been at Comair about 2 years, and 7 or 8 military.

So you have a column in your logbook dedicated to who your FO's last employer was? The reason I'm asking is that I couldn't remember 25 of anything unless I wrote it down.

He [JC] had the power to influence...

Are you high? We have a hard enough time getting management to abide by our current agreement let alone something outside the contract. At least I know the Comair pilots will understand what I'm saying. We would have had to buy a change in company policy.

Last edited:
So you have a column in your logbook dedicated to who your FO's last employer was? The reason I'm asking is that I couldn't remember 25 of anything unless I wrote it down.

Unless it had to do with dan or jessee right??;)

Are you high? We have a hard enough time getting management to abide by our current agreement let alone something outside the contract. At least I know the Comair pilots will understand what I'm saying. We would have had to buy a change in company policy.

Just file another lawsuit sparky.......The last one did so well for y'all!!!:laugh: :laugh:
Better polish up that resume......CAPTAIN!:beer:

Yup, shore nuff, you kept digging. Distract from the real story by deflecting and diverting. The point is not my memory. The point is something different entirely. Somehow I think that you get the point. Regardless, the people who aren't in denial do get it.

Ahhh. yet the Delta pilots could have just gotten the Comair pilots on the seniority list with the stroke of a pen as many on here seem to suggest. I am not high at all. nor do I make stuff up in order to support my own cause. You are the high one, buddy, and you are digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole. Bit you already know that. You just don't have the ability to admit it.

Ahhh. yet the Delta pilots could have just gotten the Comair pilots on the seniority list with the stroke of a pen as many on here seem to suggest.

I don't believe anyone has ever suggested that. Why don't you cut and paste the post you're thinking of. If many on here are suggesting that, it should be easy enough to find one post.

Yup, shore nuff...

So you're telling us that you, a Delta captain, have a dedicated column in your logbook for who the FO's previous employer was? Pardon me for dwelling on this but I find this so remarkable in a funny kind of way.

Last edited:
So you're telling us that you, a Delta captain, have a dedicated column in your logbook for who the FO's previous employer was? Pardon me for dwelling on this but I find this so remarkable in a funny kind of way.
That is not so unusual. Consider it has been a while since Delta had new hries on the property and the background of Delta new hires has always been a point that has been emphasized and watched by the pilot group. Delta even publishes the backgrounds of the pilots in new hire classes and maintains stats that you see copied on the web boards.

Ok, now back to reality. You are incorrect on all counts, as usual. You and Joe Merchant are hilarious the way you have this industry all figured out yet are never right about any of you hypothesis.

Actually, most of my"hypothesis" have been pretty accurate.....I have believed that ALPA's failure to address scope in a fair and effective manner will result in loss of mainline jobs, and lowering of pay and workrules as we all compete with each other.....I also have believed, since the PID days, that the longer ALPA puts off a solution, the harder and costlier any solution will be.....I now don't believe a solution is even possible.....

In addition, ASA didn't have a policy of requiring pilots to resign their seniority number, so there wasn't any need for it to be negotiated......Apples and oranges......

Latest resources

Back