• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta, Northwest Focus On Joint Pilot Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't believe anyone has ever suggested that. Why don't you cut and paste the post you're thinking of. If many on here are suggesting that, it should be easy enough to find one post.

So you're telling us that you, a Delta captain, have a dedicated column in your logbook for who the FO's previous employer was? Pardon me for dwelling on this but I find this so remarkable in a funny kind of way.

OK, from post #88 on ..should regional pilots be worried:

Now, back to the topic, your MEC can staple us to your list with the stroke of a pen, and it costs you nothing. Yet they choose to continue building higher walls between us (exclusive scope).

From John Pennekemp. So there is one. I need not go back and look for yours and Merchants, for they are there as well.

As for my knowledge of who I have flown with, I keep this little book of flight times, and people I have flown with. Since we started hiring, i also keep track of where our new hires are coming from. It ain't rocket science, except for you. I notice that you fail to address ANY of the valid points.

Hook, line, sinker. Now you know why you aren't at a major.
You just have to laugh at some people.

OK, from post #88 on ..should regional pilots be worried:

Now, back to the topic, your MEC can staple us to your list with the stroke of a pen, and it costs you nothing. Yet they choose to continue building higher walls between us (exclusive scope).

From John Pennekemp. So there is one. I need not go back and look for yours and Merchants, for they are there as well.

As for my knowledge of who I have flown with, I keep this little book of flight times, and people I have flown with. Since we started hiring, i also keep track of where our new hires are coming from. It ain't rocket science, except for you. I notice that you fail to address ANY of the valid points.

Hook, line, sinker. Now you know why you aren't at a major.
You just have to laugh at some people.

I'm honored. But quoting me out of context from a different thread doesn't prove crap. You really suck at debating.

I'm honored. But quoting me out of context from a different thread doesn't prove crap. You really suck at debating.

Yeah whoda thought that somebody saying that the Delta pilots can just magically swipe the pen and put the Comair pilots doesn't prove that there is one post of somebody's who thinks that the Delta pilots can just magically swipe the pen and put the Comair pilots on their list.

you're going to make a GReeeeaaatttt lawyer. NOT.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Puff......since you dragged me into your pi$$ing contest......I do think it would cost $ to get a single list....and since it would be part of the mainline CBA, it would require some negotiating capital.......

When factoring in "cost" however, you need to factor in the "cost" of NOT doing it....That TOO will COST you money one way or the other.....It has already cost mainline jobs, and it has put downward pressure on mainline pay and workrules......So it costs one way or another.....

That being said, I don't believe a single list will happen......The window of opportunity was missed back in 2000/2001....

Now I am focused on a single list with Skywest.....and growing my company.......

Puff......since you dragged me into your pi$$ing contest......I do think it would cost $ to get a single list....and since it would be part of the mainline CBA, it would require some negotiating capital.......

When factoring in "cost" however, you need to factor in the "cost" of NOT doing it....That TOO will COST you money one way or the other.....It has already cost mainline jobs, and it has put downward pressure on mainline pay and workrules......So it costs one way or another.....

That being said, I don't believe a single list will happen......The window of opportunity was missed back in 2000/2001....

Now I am focused on a single list with Skywest.....and growing my company.......

Finally, light is dawning on thick skull. I would say that BK is what put the downward pressure on pay and work rules, although the work rules survived.

There are many of us who are also informed that consider a single list to be undoable. That's right, undoable. Delta will never go for it, no matter the savings. The best possible option, flow-through, was shunned by the big fish in the little pond as a non-starter, yet would have accomplished essentially the same thing. You've even said it yourself, ASA and Comair pilots would have been the furlough fodder instead of the junior Delta pilots with one list. The same thing would have happened with a flow-through. In good times, ASA and Comair pilots would have flowed to mainline. In bad times, those same pilots would have flowed back to their old positions at ASA and Comair as well as some Delta junior, and junior ASA and Comair get furloughed or possibly just absorbed temporarily.

You wanted all or nothing, Sydney or the bush, and you got nothing. You had perceived leverage, which turned out to be just a temporary gleam on the 50 seat jet horizon, and your window of opportunity has closed. Meanwhile, the Delta MEC retains the authority to negotiate at its leisure expansions or retractions in scope--with the token memo dedicated to those who fought so bravely to circumvent the Delta contract. While this is going on, ASA pilots abound leave all around you and flock in droves to other airlines--including Delta. You have to ask, why? I have. And they have told me.

The reprocussions are yours.

So to be clear. The Delta pilots expected the Comair pilots to give something up out of their already humble contract to offset the training costs of putting Delta furloughees in Comair seats plus whatever scheduling burdens may come to the Comair pilot group from 20 - 30 furloughees a month being called back to mainline, which manifests itself as junior manning and extentions.

Gee, ASA didn't have to give anything up from our already "humble" contract to allow the hiring of DAL furloughs. Get this straight. It was the right thing to do, and ASA did it, while CMR didn't. Pilots may not be the smartest group in the world, but they do have long memories. If you crap on them they won't forget it.

Gee, ASA didn't have to give anything up from our already "humble" contract to allow the hiring of DAL furloughs. Get this straight. It was the right thing to do, and ASA did it, while CMR didn't. Pilots may not be the smartest group in the world, but they do have long memories. If you crap on them they won't forget it.

ASA didn't require pilots to resign from their previous carriers....CMR did require it......Apples and Oranges.....The Delta pilots would never negotiate something for another pilot group without some "quids".....so why should anyone else do the same for them......

ASA didn't require pilots to resign from their previous carriers....CMR did require it......Apples and Oranges.....The Delta pilots would never negotiate something for another pilot group without some "quids".....so why should anyone else do the same for them......

And you know very well that had the CMR MEC introduced a resolution supporting the hiring of DAL furloughs without resigning their seniority numbers that is all it would have taken. Management may not have done it, but the sentiment would have been there, and it would not have cost a cent, except for the paper it was written on. But they didn't, and now the damage is done. Long memories Joe.

And you know very well that had the CMR MEC introduced a resolution supporting the hiring of DAL furloughs without resigning their seniority numbers that is all it would have taken. Management may not have done it, but the sentiment would have been there, and it would not have cost a cent, except for the paper it was written on. But they didn't, and now the damage is done. Long memories Joe.

And when has the DMEC ever done anything for another group out of the goodness of their hearts.....They filed 2 separate scope grievances against ASA and CMR......They filed a grievance against the ASA pass privledges with Delta....In any of those cases did they come to their ASA and CMR "brothers" to try and work out a mutual agreement?

Your right about "long memories".....some of us have "long memories" about the DMEC.....

And when has the DMEC ever done anything for another group out of the goodness of their hearts.....They filed 2 separate scope grievances against ASA and CMR......They filed a grievance against the ASA pass privledges with Delta....In any of those cases did they come to their ASA and CMR "brothers" to try and work out a mutual agreement?

Your right about "long memories".....some of us have "long memories" about the DMEC.....

You are such a joke. Let's address the "apples and oranges" thing. You can try to hide behind the Comair MEC chair's, excuse me former chair, coattails--which aren't very long--but all that was asked was support for Delta furloughees at Comair. he flatly refused, and went a step further in saying that indeed it may create "safety" concerns. Indeed, the policy was later changed, when all of a sudden, Comair's "leverage" evaporated. There is a monstrous difference between citing company policy and actively supporting such a policy.

OK, these grievances--remember according to you that you are correct on almost all accounts--all of which I later prove to be untrue.

The Shuttle grievance and the pass grievance. First, oh prognosticator, tell me what the end result of said grievances was since you seem to know sooooo much. i'll be waiting for that answer.

Second, both grievance were brought up solely as violations of the Delta PWA. There was no consulting needed as nobody was affected by the Delta PWA except Delta pilots. In the passes, Delta pilots are not allowed to have a reduction of their online pass privileges as a whole during the tenure of the contract. With the addition of ASA and Comair pilots to the mix of DOH passes, that aspect of contract violation came into question. The remedy sought was not revocation of passes for ASA and Comair. It was monetary damage restoration, although in fairness, the company may have elected to revoke the passes should the grievance had gone through AND the Delta pilots had come out on top. Now, and this is a hint, I haven't seen any money from the deal, and Comair still has those privileges, so please tell me hat happened to that grievance? <whisper>hint-it was dropped.

Now for the shuttle grievance. Pretty simple really, and many grievances go this way: it was a clear violation and the company agreed to cease and desist.

Now, tell me again where you are correct in this arena. The fact is that you pretty much don't know jack, and it is confirmed by your fellow pilots opinions of you as they make their way towards the pinnacles of their careers as well as your mockery of trying to make mountains our of mole hills with grievances that do not concern you nor contain matter that you thought they did.

Hook, line, and sinker

Latest resources

Back