Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What you are missing is the removal of your DC9s with no replacement on order,

Bye Bye--General Lee
Oh there's replacements on order, 72 of them, E175's and CRJ's. Doug Steenland was asked if there was any restriction on replacing the DC-9 fleet with RJ's and he replied with one word - "no."

Those jobs and upgrades are headed off the property.

I keep beating this drum, but no one seems to care, the MEC's need to fix scope in this agreement.

Staple the Compass and Pinnacle operations for a start.

How do you like my Swingline?

There seems to be a very easy answer to this problem. BUY ALK for the West coast feed, then 30 more 777LR's and within a relatively short amount of time DL will have the Asia presence that they want so much.

If the only thing that NW brings to the table is the Pacific....and really their routes are dwarfed by DL's dominance of Europe, Latin America, etc...why would they want the headache? I know...a bunch of lawyers, CEO's and managers are going to get rich!

NW offers absolutely no benefit to a DL pilot in a merger. Maybe a few...VERY few MSP;DTW commuters would be ok with it....but I doubt you would get a DL MD88 FO to bid 747 FO if it meant living in one of NW domiciles!

We Have a WINNER. LandGreen has broken the code. With Africa, Europe, Latin America all being sewed up....Delta does not need NWA's Narita ops. It is being overflown now with todays new aircraft.

NWA brings nothing to the table other than that. That and a bunch of future Coors cans. But look what they stand to gain and what their "cowboys" are demanding. Let it die.

Ed

Last edited:
We Have a WINNER. LandGreen has broken the code. With Africa, Europe, Latin America all being sewed up....Delta does not need NWA's Narita ops. It is being overflown now with todays new aircraft.

NWA brings nothing to the table other than that. That and a bunch of future Coors cans. But look what they stand to gain and what their "cowboys" are demanding. Let it die.

Ed

Agreed, kill this deal now. Zero benefit to the Delta pilot group.

Oh there's replacements on order, 72 of them, E175's and CRJ's. Doug Steenland was asked if there was any restriction on replacing the DC-9 fleet with RJ's and he replied with one word - "no."

Those jobs and upgrades are headed off the property.

I keep beating this drum, but no one seems to care, the MEC's need to fix scope in this agreement.

Staple the Compass and Pinnacle operations for a start.

How do you like my Swingline?

Do you just randomly make this stuff up? There are only 18 more aircraft that can be ordered per NWA scope clause, that havent already been ordered. After that they cant order anymore aircraft until NWA gets a NET gain in aircraft, not replacement aircraft. Try again

Last edited:
What you are missing is the removal of your DC9s with no replacement on order, and your 747-200s (that you may plumb on). Our retirements mainly stopped a larger furlough, thanks to us parking planes at the same time (762s, 732s, 733s, MD11s). You are parking D93s, and later you will get rid of larger DC9s.

Maybe this deal won't happen, or maybe it will be figured out and everyone will jump up and down with glee thanks to the great deal. I hope for one of those two things to happen, no doubt.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The DC9s that are being retired are already being accounted for in the hiring. They arent replacing them yet because they havent found the replacement yet they can justify getting leases on. Besides i thought you said the MD90s where coming? Oh and i unfortunatly wont be plumbing any -200s:) Thanks for thinking about me though ;)

Seen it. Rode on it. In back and up front. Nice plane. A little cramped in Biz Class but it does have 2 more of those seats than our 330's. Seats 285. NWA A330 seats 298. Pay? Yup....about 10% more...just like everything else. Hasn't that been covered before?

You have two versions of the A330, right? The A330-200 and the -300. How many seats in the -200?

Bye Bye--General Lee

The DC9s that are being retired are already being accounted for in the hiring. They arent replacing them yet because they havent found the replacement yet they can justify getting leases on. Besides i thought you said the MD90s where coming? Oh and i unfortunatly wont be plumbing any -200s:) Thanks for thinking about me though ;)

I read that, for the -30s that are leaving this year. That is leaving you with 68 DC9s that have no replacement yet, and 742s that will go away too. All of our older planes are pretty much gone, and we have hired now thanks to INTL growth only. You are hiring for INTL growth now too, but have planes waiting to be parked thanks to $100 a barrel oil. I hope you are right.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Half those 72 are replacing the 36 Avro's Mesaba sold.

I thought Mesaba's new CR9s are replacing their old Avros that are gone now? The E175s seem to be replacing the DC9s---they are now going to Montana and as far west as YVR. (an ex A320 route)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back