• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Northwest Deal at Risk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I din't say most NWA pilots "might" retire, I said most NWA pilots "will" retire, and for a fair integration this has to be taken into account.

Prove most NWA pilots WILL retire. That is like saying NWA will take all the options of the 787. Really, prove it. Just saying it does not make it so.

Hee, hee

Seems you're pretty good at stroking. Kind of like that description with the landing gear and the "stroke" of the wrist! Keep up the good work!

You mean kind of like you, jerk406 who is banned for now, and tanker clown.....You need help bad!

Anyone notice that while jerk406 and tanker clown were banned this little prick showed up with more of the same useless posts! Hey jerk406, tanker clown, and whoever else you are posting as, get yourself some serious help, and for the love of all things, get back on that prozac!
Now go and get the colonel some coffee!

See-I knew it! I could get this idiot so pissed that he would reply to me in his other screen name! What a freaking idiot!

He also accuses me of posting as many others......Nice one, general, very original!

You really are a sad little person-have to come here so many times each day to stroke your own ego...... Talk about a Napoleon complex on steroids! Damn!

-P.S.-not too hard to figure out your other identity, general. Both identities are civil-war-related, one by name, the other by signature... The biggest clue was the intolerable expression of ego you have in both! Also, kinda interesting how 737pylt is always coming and defending remarks I have made about the general...... I don't think the general has any legitimate defenders around here-everyone knows what a tremendous freaking tool he is!! Oops, by (he) I actually meant you!

With this logic, then NWA pilots should be using the 68 787's on order for career expectations. Do you agree?

Sure, since your 742s will be gone soon, and the 744s will go to ANC for the cargo ops. That would leave your 787s the largest pax widebody (pay wise), while our 777LRs keep coming. I hope your senior guys like ANC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm not exactly sure how the NWA retirement works, but I think it's frozen, so it stays the same no matter what happens. If our friendly 757 was given a raise to Delta wages he would make a little more than $12,000 per month, or $4,000 more than he would get if he retired. This might make a difference for some, but if you weren't going to stay for $3,000 are you going to stay for $4,000?

Maybe. Everyone has their own agenda. I'm sure NWA guys who commute from the northeast and south would want to change bases if possible, just as Delta guys from the upper midwest and northwest would want to change bases. I have no clue how many there would be.

When General Lee talks about ATL as the greatest base in the history of earth, I throw up in my mouth a little bit, but I took a job so I could stay in Michigan. I'm sure Lee cringes at having to put on a winter coat to go outside in the winter. Different strokes.

I couldn't say. I'm not sure why that would be.

Never ever swallow your own throw up(or anyone elses for that matter). Also, I never meant ATL was the best base ever for living, rather it is a great hub operationally---and thanks to our recent drought there have been few major delays (except a couple ice days a month ago or so). You may love DTW, and I hope you stay there forever and enjoy it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I also heard that if NWA guys stay past 60 their retirement checks get smaller, is that true?
I couldn't say. I'm not sure why that would be.
What gets smaller is the lump sum, which is a function of the non-qualified plan related to ERISA limits. Actuarially, it equals less due to life expectancy as age at retirement increases.

jhomo and jerk406!

See-I knew it! I could get this idiot so pissed that he would reply to me in his other screen name! What a freaking idiot!
No, actually I enjoy working with the mentally retarded! Its quite rewarding!

He also accuses me of posting as many others......Nice one, general, very original!
No, I accused you of posting of 2 others dumbass! You are jerk406, tanker clown and your namesake jhomo! Get your head out from under the colonel's desk, and you'll hear better!

You really are a sad little person-have to come here so many times each day to stroke your own ego...... Talk about a Napoleon complex on steroids! Damn!
Again with the strokin? Get a cat! I bet your parole officer wouldn't appreciate the kind of talk you bring here, but I'm sure your therapist would!

-P.S.-not too hard to figure out your other identity, general. Both identities are civil-war-related, one by name, the other by signature...
P.S. Einstein, if that's your only clue, I feel bad for the family that has to support you! Too bad common sense isn't so common!

The biggest clue was the intolerable expression of ego you have in both! Also, kinda interesting how 737pylt is always coming and defending remarks I have made about the general......
Pretty ironic how jerk406 gets banned, and jhomo shows up. Kind of like when all the girls over 16 have left the mall and it leaves you with just the boys!

I don't think the general has any legitimate defenders around here-everyone knows what a tremendous freaking tool he is!! Oops, by (he) I actually meant you!
Great, its called stalking....If you're so infatuated with the guy, just ask him out, I'm sure your boyfriend won't mind!
Your mindless drivel is as boring as your career expectations as a coffee server, or asa first officer, whatever it is you claim to do while not performing for the circus!

I totally agree,...its propaganda from untrustworthy management planted sources to coerce a quick deal from the pilots. We gat the rest of our careers to make a decision,...they can stuff it!

Sure, since your 742s will be gone soon, and the 744s will go to ANC for the cargo ops. That would leave your 787s the largest pax widebody (pay wise), while our 777LRs keep coming. I hope your senior guys like ANC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You crack me up. At least it is always sunny in your world. In your case, arrogance is bliss, isn't it?

UUGGHHH.......NO ! UR an idiot!

OK what I said was RE what the newspaper was reporting and how stapling a bunch of Delta guys below Northwest guys would be ridiculously unfair when accouting for how many wide/narrow bodies each side has and the less/more attractive basing situation. You calling names is a nice civil and well thought out response. Thanks for your even tone.

One part solution to all of this would be a concurrent guaranteed order of airplanes. Turn some heavy options into firm orders. Place an order for additional narrow bodies including more than enough replacements for the dc9 (ie move all the compass orders over to mainline and order 100 more). This way the younger, less senior guys see some quick career progression with new hires filing in underneath and the senior guys also make strides relative to where they are now at each individual stand alone company. Is it going to happen? Probably not but this certainly would grease the skids to help the pilots hammer out something sooner as opposed to later.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back