• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Northwest Deal at Risk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta retired about 2300 hundred guys in less than 2 years. That benefit should stay with the Delta guys. Northwest retirements might not come anywhere close to that for at least 10 years.(5years to 65 then the ritirements)

Not true. The way the NWA retirement is set up you gain very little for continuing to work. One 757 captain told me he makes $11,000 per month if he doesn't retire and $8,000 per month if he does, which means he'd be working for $3,000 per month, roughly second year regional FO pay. Would you continue flying for second year regional FO pay? I'm at the beginning of my career and I don't want to make regional FO pay.

Most NWA guys will retire at 60 or shortly after. If "career expectations" are part of a merger scenario this has to be taken into account.

DOH w/ fences.

I'm getting really sick of the legacy unions here. They claim they want to protect the profession, but then do everything they can to cut each other off at the knees. Hypocrits. Pompous @sses. How can they gripe about the LCC's ruining the industry when they behave like this?

It's my opinion the merger will move along regardless of what the pilots do or think. I find it odd that all of a sudden management would give a rats doo doo about what an employee group thinks.

Now, I would concede that naturally it makes sense for the working groups to get on board and on board early, as it benefits THEM.

But to use AWA and USAir as an example, I don't think management on either side is loosing any sleep over that debacle, do you???

Quite true Michael. Fact is that no one really knows what is going on. It is disconcerting to many, but there is no reason for us to know the minutia until they have come to an agreement. At that time it will be put to a vote.

Quite true Michael. Fact is that no one really knows what is going on. It is disconcerting to many, but there is no reason for us to know the minutia until they have come to an agreement. At that time it will be put to a vote.

the seniority list integration will not be memrated at either airline, only the contract stuff. From what I have been told. The MEC's have the power to do that.

Not true. The way the NWA retirement is set up you gain very little for continuing to work. One 757 captain told me he makes $11,000 per month if he doesn't retire and $8,000 per month if he does, which means he'd be working for $3,000 per month, roughly second year regional FO pay. Would you continue flying for second year regional FO pay? I'm at the beginning of my career and I don't want to make regional FO pay.

Most NWA guys will retire at 60 or shortly after. If "career expectations" are part of a merger scenario this has to be taken into account.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder how much of a pay raise/transition oppor-s will NWA guys get and would it affect the 8000 retirement check?

If the 757 Capt at NWA will be able to bid 767ER in his hometown of ATL may be he will stick around a little longer?

I also heard that if NWA guys stay past 60 their retirement checks get smaller, is that true?

When NWA/Republic merged, their were 20 year fences put up to protect the "career expectations" of the NWA pilots. Essentially keeping Republic pilots off the the NWA widebodies their entire career.

IMHO that would be the solution to the seniority dillema. Put up fences so both pilot groups realize their career expectations, essentially blocking the other pilot group from flying their aircraft.

Agreed. Fences on domiciles seems fair as well.

It is true that they do not have to bring the seniority to a vote. Only compensation issues, unless section 6 is opened.
The question is will they not let the rank-and-file vote on this?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back