• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Northwest Deal at Risk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Career expectations sounds good to me. I'm set to retire at seniority 51 at NWA. :beer:
Fine with me. I was hired in Aug 07 at Delta any my retirement # is 187.....

Lets can Sh!t and have the MEC's just be fair....I do not want a windfall. I just want it to be fair. It would be nice to have a good working relationship with the NW guys when we, eventaully, share the same cockpits.

slinky

Sounds fine to me. Hired in March 07 and my retirement # is in the top 35. Career expectations should be adressed for the junior Delta guys as well.

General,

Yes, I'm glad you got rid of the senior guys. We will be in the next couple years. I would say there are quite a few neither one of us would want to fly with. I would like to see you guys get credit for your 50 and over crowd leaving, but us get credit for our old guys leaving in the future. The movement UP in a combined company would be from our retirements at the top, That need to be addressed to be fair.

My solution would be to put a ratio at the top and doh at the bottom of the lists.

We are getting a few planes you say. We are getting 12 more 777LRs (new ones--LONG RANGE) in the next two years--for a total of 20 777s... We are also getting up to 25 737-700s...and can buy MD90s (something you should trade your old DC9-50s for)

Hey General,

Maybe you have more current information, but here is what I pulled up on the Delta.com website regarding aircraft operating and orders:

777-200ER: Owned: 8 Leased: 0 Orders: 0 Options: 0
777-200LR: Owned: 0 Leased: 0 Orders: 8 Options: 11
737 (both types): 50 orders and 60 options
Nothing for the MD90s regarding orders or options

--------
I am just trying to get the facts...

NYRangers,

I like the fact your a hockey fan. We've got a pretty good team here in DTW. Now if they can get the cup....

With a DOH merger you would probably stay at 18 or within a couple numbers at retirement. That would be at a much bigger healther company that we can all retire from. NWA pre 9-11 the average age of a new hire was in the mid 30's so those of you hired young at Delta would turn out pretty good. You hear that General.

NYRangers,

I like the fact your a hockey fan. We've got a pretty good team here in DTW. Now if they can get the cup....

With a DOH merger you would probably stay at 18 or within a couple numbers at retirement. That would be at a much bigger healther company that we can all retire from. NWA pre 9-11 the average age of a new hire was in the mid 30's so those of you hired young at Delta would turn out pretty good. You hear that General.

No thanks on DOH. I am 600 numbers from 88 captain in NY. With the 777 737-700s and 757's comming that won't take very long.

As for hockey, you sure do have a great team in DTW. The Rangers managed to blow a 5-0 lead to the Canadians and lose in a shootout. 5-6.

Scratch that....just checked the latest AE. I am 480 numbers from 88 captain in NY.

Last edited:
Sounds good, I'm looking at #18. Although the best thing for us Delta guys is for this deal to DIE!!

Just checked. Year 2040 I'll be DAL #7. Even though I live in Michigan and commute to NYC from DTW, I'd rather continue this commute than get screwed on seniority for the next 32 years.

Latest resources

Back