• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Newhire training question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta has put a lot of work into their interview process, it is an objective process and by almost all accounts it has provided good results. The fact Delta lets you know your conditional status on the day of the interview is nice, compared to other airlines where you drift around in limbo for several weeks awaiting a decision from a review board where the politics have as much control over the outcome as the quality of the candidate.

If the medical helps control costs of insurance, then it probably saves Delta a lot of money in the long run. Employee disabilities are expensive not only for treatment, but for sick time and training costs as well.

If Delta makes any changes, I imagine they will be gradual and conservative. The current process is very well organized from what I have heard and even after seven years, Delta picked up right where they left off with the screening methodology.

Quite true Fin. I have a feeling that there will be some changes to it. I would guess that the first gouge from the new interviews will come out within the next week.
From what I have heard he does want to tweak the interview process.

ACL65, I got the July 2nd class. Talked to Brian and he said there would be 25 people per class, twice a month. Newhires WILL be going into the 767ER.

As for the changes to the interview, I think Delta will change the aviation knowledge questions. Instead of using the same 48 questions, the computer will take a random 48 questions from a bank. Everything else will remain the same.

They were to do that already.
Glad to know that you got a class. BTW enjoy the 4th with Brain. He told us that he was going to conduct class. I would bet that they will.

ASA_DFW...
Congrats on the class date.
Another one gets on!

Always..
motch

As for the changes to the interview, I think Delta will change the aviation knowledge questions. Instead of using the same 48 questions, the computer will take a random 48 questions from a bank. Everything else will remain the same.

June 5th: Arnie is very nice, as was everyone else. By far the most relaxed and "low threat" interview I have ever done--no good cop/bad cop or "Mr. Passive Aggressive." I think the 48Qs did change--there seems to be a bit more math (based on SA of your position) than the questions I studied. Some guys had questions I did not have, so they definitely are not all the same test. NO, I DID NOT MEMORIZE ANY OF THEM. I did talk to Arnie about the "symbols vs. numbers" quiz, since I knew I totally blew that one. He was happy to show me my score, which was 41 (out of 100?). "You don't have to do well on EVERY test, but we usually see 50s and 60s," he said. I got good news, along with 3 of the other 5 applicants. We were told to expect Aug class dates.

CDF: Can you elaborate on the "symbols vs. numbers" quiz?

I got the e-mail yesterday and am calling after this post to schedule the interview.

For those who may want to know....I'm a former Delta Employee (cargo-LAX), NO internal recs as my time was 10 years ago, 6730 ttl, 2960 121 pic. I filled out my app on 12/24/06. Went to WAI in FEB and Air Inc. last month. Seems you have to have three solid recommendations on airapps and they especially like letters from check airmen who have known you for a loooong time (imo).

Have some pretty good gouge, ATP, FEX, written books and "ace the tech. pilot interview". Looking for "mental math for pilots" if anyone has an idea on where to find it please let me know.

Also, if anyone hears anything about changes to the interview process I would appreciate a p.m. with the details.

Thanks Everyone!

Latest resources

Back