• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Newhire training question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those of you with upcoming interviews word on the street is the process is getting some changes effective after today. Also, Jon Swift is stepping down to fly the 777. Not sure who will be taking the reigns of pilot selection/interviews now.

Who is Jon going to fly the 777 for? He is a retired Delta Captain.

Jon is the new Program Manager for the 777 fleet. Arnie Kraby is the new Manager of Pilot Hiring.
As all DAL pilots know the Program Managers are retired DAL pilots.

JohnQ you are correct. Contractually that is the way that it works. There were a lot of unfilled positions on the last AE and hence the new hires getting the 767.

How many LORs are competitive now? And what is the medical requirement to be hired; just a 1st class, or an exam with the company doc?

There have been people hired with 1 LOR all the way up to 20. I just has to be the correct combination/people. Most have at least two from DAL pilots and a few from other personal and professional references.

The key to getting an interview is to have an active Delta pilot go to the 5th floor in the Admin Building and personally recommend the applicant. Jon was very receptive to people who did this. I hope Arnie is the same.

My roomate from college had his stuff walked in and the next day he got the e-mail for an interview. Make sure your Airline Apps is up to date and no blank spaces. If something does not apply to you, put NONE or N/A. Delta is very detail orientated with the app. Good luck.

If Jon is gone, does this mean they may change their company policy about the psyche eval?? :rolleyes:

I would bet not, but I am checking on that for you.... I was going to e-mail you when I had an answer.

How was the AAI interview?

The interview was very easy and relaxing. Unlike the Delta interview. They said you pretty much have the job unless you prove them otherwise. 2 classes in July will be open. I still don't see Delta removing the psyche eval. I guess it's too much a liability not to have it. It seems to be so old school, seeing how no other airline does this. They would sure save money by not paying the shrink every week for about 12 candidates

Latest resources

Back