• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta needs to pay pilots more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i have to agree with the General about the spice of life...reminds me of a biplane i sold to a jet pilot. He was just about to land the jet in Chicago when he turns to the FO and says " i cant wait to get back so i can go flying". The FO said "what are we doing now?"

Your question is about pay discrepancy. The General I guess decided to throw a bunch of poo against the wall and see what would stick. (that's what he always does). And I'm sure he started talking about everything BUT your question.

Spice of life as you say is a personal choice. I took stab at your pay question, and I don't see any evidence that I'm not right. The DL pay Rig (if even existent), must be bad.

Numbers don't lie.

What Red-Liar continually forgets is that DL and SWA are different types of carriers. He brings up "Rig", but forgets that I can fly an 11 hour leg as an INTL pilot, he can't as a domestic only pilot. Variety allows me to choose if I want to do long haul, or do a turn to San Juan from ATL. He is oblivious and totally jealous at the same time. Variety Red, it's the spice of life. I was in Rome, Italy twice last month for wonderful 48 hour layovers, and this month I go to Buenos Aires, Stuttgart, and a couple domestic layovers. You can't beat that variety. But you are right Red , numbers don't lie, and a 737 type rating costs at least $7K when you have to pay for it yourself. Isn't that about right, Red?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I'm home for 23 nights a month GL

I like that and want no part of multiple international destinations a month.

Hence my desire to work at SWA-

I also don't care if I never go to training again on another airplane.

You continually (cut & paste, stuck on repeat) bring up traits about SWA as if they were negatives, which are positives to me.

That said- our mission statement: "the WORLD's most loved, most flown carrier"

If we don't have wide bodies in 5 years GL, I'll stop posting forever

So we'll have that "choice" and a MUCH funner place to work

What Red-Liar continually forgets is that DL and SWA are different types of carriers. He brings up "Rig", but forgets that I can fly an 11 hour leg as an INTL pilot, he can't as a domestic only pilot. Variety allows me to choose if I want to do long haul, or do a turn to San Juan from ATL. He is oblivious and totally jealous at the same time. Variety Red, it's the spice of life. I was in Rome, Italy twice last month for wonderful 48 hour layovers, and this month I go to Buenos Aires, Stuttgart, and a couple domestic layovers. You can't beat that variety. But you are right Red , numbers don't lie, and a 737 type rating costs at least $7K when you have to pay for it yourself. Isn't that about right, Red?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Haha. Your hilarious General. Thanks for the comedy as usual.

What does overnights have to do with pay?

Why do have to get sooooo far off topic and start talking about Lubbock and type ratings? Why? I'll tell you why...because you can't even come close to debating an actual topic. Like pay Rigs.

Now once again, Gen. Stay on topic with me here.....what is the Delta pay Rig?

You must really be self conscious to not be able to debate a valid point that one of YOUR pilots throws up in a question....and then jump to

1. Two different airlines (really, that's a mind boggling statement)

2. Overnight differences (not part of the original question, and it doesn't matter to me....much to your dismay I guess)

3. Something about an 11 hour leg (again, nothing to do with the topic)

4. Southwest type rating (nothing to do with the topic, should I bring up the DL college requirement? Why would I?)

You actually brought up the word RIG, then never explained anything about it......as a matter of fact, you ran away from the topic and went down at least four different roads that had nothing to do about what was being discussed. Schizophrenic much General? .....and this is what makes you look like such a Village Idiot.

Why don't you try a cognizant answer this time Gen? I know you can do it!

Good point

General, will you please state for the lurkers what delta's rigs are?

I'm home for 23 nights a month GL

I like that and want no part of multiple international destinations a month.

Hence my desire to work at SWA-

I also don't care if I never go to training again on another airplane.

You continually (cut & paste, stuck on repeat) bring up traits about SWA as if they were negatives, which are positives to me.

That said- our mission statement: "the WORLD's most loved, most flown carrier"

If we don't have wide bodies in 5 years GL, I'll stop posting forever

So we'll have that "choice" and a MUCH funner place to work

Wave,

I can do turns to San Juan or St Thomas from ATL and be home every night. I actually like "going places" far away and eating local foods and hearing different languages. But, you and Red now can do the same thanks to your company starting Newark service a couple years ago. Not really the same, Wave.... Your company's 5 leg days across the nation sound very boring, and at the same time exhausting. That will eat away at your brain eventually. The older you get, the fewer legs you want to do. Unfortunately, your super productive trips mean "many legs", and that stinks. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Haha. Your hilarious General. Thanks for the comedy as usual.

What does overnights have to do with pay?

Why do have to get sooooo far off topic and start talking about Lubbock and type ratings? Why? I'll tell you why...because you can't even come close to debating an actual topic. Like pay Rigs.

Now once again, Gen. Stay on topic with me here.....what is the Delta pay Rig?

You must really be self conscious to not be able to debate a valid point that one of YOUR pilots throws up in a question....and then jump to

1. Two different airlines (really, that's a mind boggling statement)

2. Overnight differences (not part of the original question, and it doesn't matter to me....much to your dismay I guess)

3. Something about an 11 hour leg (again, nothing to do with the topic)

4. Southwest type rating (nothing to do with the topic, should I bring up the DL college requirement? Why would I?)

You actually brought up the word RIG, then never explained anything about it......as a matter of fact, you ran away from the topic and went down at least four different roads that had nothing to do about what was being discussed. Schizophrenic much General? .....and this is what makes you look like such a Village Idiot.

Why don't you try a cognizant answer this time Gen? I know you can do it!

Red, I thought you had me on IGNORE??? Ahahahaha.

Well, the DL pilot's Duty Period Average(DPA) is 5:15, for normal duty periods. DH only duty periods don't count. The trip rig is 1 for 3.5, and is usually the highest rig for long international trips or low block trips. Min trip pay for a 3 day trip that has a DI prior to 9pm local on day one is 13:30.(mainly ending with an allnighter on day 3) The Duty Rig is 1 for 2.

I'm pretty sure that is right, but remember Red, I usually fly 2 leg 3 days to Europe, and 4 day trips to S. America. There are other trips out there, mainly West Coast, that do Asia and can be as long as 12-14 days, but pay up to 82 hours, all with INTL override and INTL per diem. Variety Red and Wave, it's FANTASTIC..... ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The General talks about his trips like they're a big vacation. I'll take the airline job that keeps me home every night. It's a lot easier to have a life!

Me too-
He's just pissed SWA pilots like their life

I'm sure every cat hanging out in the regionals would take either carrier but he continues to cut and paste

The General talks about his trips like they're a big vacation. I'll take the airline job that keeps me home every night. It's a lot easier to have a life!

You mean like doing turns to San Juan, St Thomas, Phoenix, and Salt Lake from ATL? Then DL is for you! That's just on the 757/767. There are also Caribbean turns worth 10 hours in one day (a DH on one end). (737 and 320 mainly).

I just wanna know from you: what is her name? Who are you stalking? You need to be home EVERY darn night? Really? Ooooooh-Kay..... Ever had a 48 hour layover in Europe? No? Didn't think so.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back