Delta needs to pay pilots more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DB,

Voting blocks are a failure.....NWA proved it.

Broken yes....enough to throw out? Not yet.

Yeah but I don't have a 10 hour a$$!!! I know, you get to get up, go to rest, eat sundaes, etc.

KBB

1/3 of the time you can sleep in a lie flat seat or a bunk. If there are 4 pilots (over 12 hours enroute), you get half the time in the bunk (have to have a bunk over 12 hours). That is really nice. Eat a meal and a Sundae, watch movie, take a nap. It sure beats 5 legs to St. Louis!

Bye Bye---General Lee

1/3 of the time you can sleep in a lie flat seat or a bunk. If there are 4 pilots (over 12 hours enroute), you get half the time in the bunk (have to have a bunk over 12 hours). That is really nice. Eat a meal and a Sundae, watch movie, take a nap. It sure beats 5 legs to St. Louis!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm sorry, but being on a plane for 12-14 hrs sounds like a complete pain in the ass. I don't care where you sit.

Add with a nasty redeye at the beginning, and that sounds like a Major pain in the ass. No thanks.

And Jenny, it's already been proven that most of our days fall in the 2-3 leg range. You do know we fly more long hauls (3-5hrs) than we used to right? Of course you did. You just like to ignore the facts.

While your struggling with your redeye and breaking 5 time zones, I'm done by 1pm and planning the dinner and drinking schedule. Home by one on the last day with NO redeye. It's priceless. Meanwhile, you guys are the walking dead guys I see coming back into the ATL. Maybe a 5 hour energy will help. I've heard you can get them cheaper at Costco. Haha.

I'm sorry, but being on a plane for 12-14 hrs sounds like a complete pain in the ass. I don't care where you sit.

Add with a nasty redeye at the beginning, and that sounds like a Major pain in the ass. No thanks.

And Jenny, it's already been proven that most of our days fall in the 2-3 leg range. You do know we fly more long hauls (3-5hrs) than we used to right? Of course you did. You just like to ignore the facts.

While your struggling with your redeye and breaking 5 time zones, I'm done by 1pm and planning the dinner and drinking schedule. Home by one on the last day with NO redeye. It's priceless. Meanwhile, you guys are the walking dead guys I see coming back into the ATL. Maybe a 5 hour energy will help. I've heard you can get them cheaper at Costco. Haha.

Ever wonder why MOST INTL pilots are older? (Even the FOs). There must be a reason, and I believe it is they have tried domestic flying, hated it, and enjoyed long haul better. You obviously haven't done it, and won't ever get the chance. Luckily, legacy pilots can switch back and forth if they want to. That fact, unlike your unverifiable "most of our days 2-3 legs...." (Riiiight), is that most of the bottom 1/3 of your list will be thinking about bailing out to get the variety choices at a hiring legacy. You don't have allnighters yet, but AT still does I believe, and just like them doing all INTL flying for you now, you will probably inherit them as well, just like you did with the new cities Flint and Akron. Fantastic! Have you filled out any apps yet? Sure you have.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ever wonder why MOST INTL pilots are older? (Even the FOs).

Bye Bye---General Lee

Haha. You completely fail with your first sentence.

Because they NEED the money of the widebody. Get a clue Jenny. Your argument fails flat. Again and again.

Walking dead my friend. You'll be better off in the domestic 737 as CA, and you know it.

Ever wonder why MOST INTL pilots are older? (Even the FOs). There must be a reason, and I believe it is they have tried domestic flying, hated it, and enjoyed long haul better.
Did it ever occur to you that as a general rule older people usually have more seniority and want to fly the aircraft that pays the most money? Try asking a UPS pilot which aircraft and type of flying goes the most senior and you will find that it is NOT long haul international but domestic flying.

To GL, what's wrong with multi-leg days if you get paid for it?

I flew WBs. I loved it, for sure. But to say my skills suffered would be an understatement. When I upgraded on the 737 I was humbled. Now, I don't see myself going back to the WB for at least 10 years. I'm having too much fun actually flying again.

Isn't that why we all started in this business in the first place?

Most days I do 8 hr turns. But I do enjoy the challenges of multi-leg days... even if I bitch about it.

My buddies on the 777 and 787 complain they never fly anymore.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back