• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta needs to pay pilots more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey just a quick question in the middle of all this. Who's got the biggest weenie? I was just wondering and all :nuts:

Are you junior in category? You should bid something that makes you senior in a smaller plane. Btw, the DL pilots are in the middle of a 3 year contract that did give an almost 20% raise, and with these profits, there is a great chance for MORE and better work rules to boot. It's going to continue to improve, and Consolidation has helped make everyone stronger and more profitable. Throw in 5,000 retirements in the next 10 years, and yeah, it's getting better.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The fact that you call and accept the pay increase as a "raise" is the problem.
We deserve a "raise" not partial restoration under a bankruptcy contract. So the company will toss us crumbs as we voluntarily reduce our profit sharing?
We don't even go to half of the international destinations out of NYC that we used to (or do it seasonal for a couple of months).

Yes I am glad Delta is making record profits, it's too bad that the pilots who made some of the greatest sacrifices are not respected or rewarded for that effort.

I am not "junior" in my category by the way, our pilot group keeps shrinking, not growing and has done so since the NWA merger.

The 5000 retirements fantasy is the carrot mgt dangles in front of pilots and has for years.

Db

The fact that you call and accept the pay increase as a "raise" is the problem.
We deserve a "raise" not partial restoration under a bankruptcy contract. So the company will toss us crumbs as we voluntarily reduce our profit sharing?
We don't even go to half of the international destinations out of NYC that we used to (or do it seasonal for a couple of months).

Yes I am glad Delta is making record profits, it's too bad that the pilots who made some of the greatest sacrifices are not respected or rewarded for that effort.

I am not "junior" in my category by the way, our pilot group keeps shrinking, not growing and has done so since the NWA merger.

The 5000 retirements fantasy is the carrot mgt dangles in front of pilots and has for years.

Db

Sorry, you have to wait to negotiate, unless they NEED something from you right now (like FAR 117 changes). Otherwise, you wait, and this is a 3 year contract. The airline has gone through a retraction in the past couple years, mainly due to mods on many of the fleets, but now there seems to be a need for extra pilots due to the 717 backlog, new 739ERs coming, and FAR 117. Those 5000 pilots retiring are out there, it's just plain math. They will all go, and the company doesn't know exactly when. Eventually, all of this will occur at the same time, and it will be a bonanza for the pilots. Higher pay, short on pilots, retirements.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Brownie is right. We squandered away the biggest leverage of my career and we got a plus-minus pos contract. Inexcusable for a company that was projected to print money.

We are no different than the French with a white flag for surrender.

Sorry, you have to wait to negotiate, unless they NEED something from you right now (like FAR 117 changes). Otherwise, you wait, and this is a 3 year contract. The airline has gone through a retraction in the past couple years, mainly due to mods on many of the fleets, but now there seems to be a need for extra pilots due to the 717 backlog, new 739ERs coming, and FAR 117. Those 5000 pilots retiring are out there, it's just plain math. They will all go, and the company doesn't know exactly when. Eventually, all of this will occur at the same time, and it will be a bonanza for the pilots. Higher pay, short on pilots, retirements.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dalpa's track record is that what ever the company asks for the company gets...

Who would ever give up a installed pilot's rest bunk for a seat in the noisy cabin? With out a fight! in the middle of massive profits?

I have a bad feeling that Dalpa will sell us out, again, on 117.
Look at our paperwork it already assumes you WILL give them a 2 hour
extension...

Because the company knows Dalpa won't blink.

We are replacing 757s for long range 737s will they pay the same?

No of course not.

We are adding 321s which will hold almost as much as a 757 will it pay more than the 319?

No of course not.

This "We'll get them next time" attitude is why we are weak.
It's why 5000 plus guys are ready to dump ALPA.

Again, it's great the company is making money.
Beats the alternative.

Db

General,

Brownie is right. We squandered away the biggest leverage of my career and we got a plus-minus pos contract. Inexcusable for a company that was projected to print money.

We are no different than the French with a white flag for surrender.

Bill our "union" is so weak that they won't even utter the word "restoration" in that it might upset mgt.

We were in a great position to return this job back into a profession but squandered that opportunity by snapping at the first crumb offered by the
company....

Even sold by the phrase "we wont get the new planes if...."

So now we wait till 2015 so we can maybe get paid the rates we had in
2000?

WTF?

Db

DB....

And you think the "Alternative" train wreck in the waiting union would be effective at anything? You are dreaming.....

Pull the trigger...let's vote and see how it turns out. I'm not ready to gamble away my future with a bunch of amateurs whose only business plan is "We can do better!"

and with these profits, there is a great chance for MORE and better work rules to boot.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Zero chance of that, lee. That's not your profit, that's theirs (as you so willingly voted).

DB....

And you think the "Alternative" train wreck in the waiting union would be effective at anything? You are dreaming.....

Pull the trigger...let's vote and see how it turns out. I'm not ready to gamble away my future with a bunch of amateurs whose only business plan is "We can do better!"

Bill;
Perhaps you are correct, all I know is the way things are done now has to change.

Our union is broken, they are to in bed with mgt, to many deals for some.

Maybe DPA voting blocks could sway things?

There should not even be a need for a "DPA" the fact that over 5000 pilots want to throw out DALPA doesn't even get their attention.

Db

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back