Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta mainline back to Juneau? Looks like it in late May...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
technical correction....Alaska Airlines does not own any RNP approaches....or gates in JNU for that matter.....and as a long time Alaskan I can tell you that most Alaskans welcome Delta with open arms......If in fact Delta returns to JNU, the same people who clean and fuel and cater us will be happy to do the same for them and they have de-ice and tug capability..

Hope you guys enjoy the fishing and hiking. Pretty nice spot if you enjoy that kind of stuff. May is usually one of the nicest months of the year.

AS owns the RNP.. There is an LDA and regular GPS. They will be fine it's really not that hard. Delta has been flying to difficult places for just as long as Alaska.

Yeah, the old Quito airport or Guatemala City were fairly mountainous, so I think they should be okay. If not, go around and go to Sitka...

Bye Bye---General Lee

technical correction....Alaska Airlines does not own any RNP approaches....or gates in JNU for that matter.....and as a long time Alaskan I can tell you that most Alaskans welcome Delta with open arms......If in fact Delta returns to JNU, the same people who clean and fuel and cater us will be happy to do the same for them and they have de-ice and tug capability..

I dont think any of our RNP approaches are "public" use .. So I suppose they could have someone else build them some and approve those .. I don't think Alaska will give them out to anybody .. And as far as gates we don't own them but I bet we lease all of them and would not be obligated to let anybody use them .. I guess they could park on the commuter ramp and use stairs.. And the FBO power cart .. ..and possible deice for cold soaked fuel wings .. Doubt they have a air cart big enough for engine start but ..prob wouldn't need it .. Till they do .. Who knows I don't really think JNU or KTN or SIT is a money maker for anybody but Alaska .. Or else it would have been done by now ..

I dont think any of our RNP approaches are "public" use .. So I suppose they could have someone else build them some and approve those .. I don't think Alaska will give them out to anybody .. And as far as gates we don't own them but I bet we lease all of them and would not be obligated to let anybody use them .. I guess they could park on the commuter ramp and use stairs.. And the FBO power cart .. ..and possible deice for cold soaked fuel wings .. Doubt they have a air cart big enough for engine start but ..prob wouldn't need it .. Till they do .. Who knows I don't really think JNU or KTN or SIT is a money maker for anybody but Alaska .. Or else it would have been done by now ..

Fare sale?!? :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Looks like Delta mainline may fly a daily 737-800 from SEA to JNU starting in late May through the Summer season. The flight would supposedly arrive in JNU about 810pm local each night, and leave JNU around 630am back to SEA. Why would this happen? Probably to fill connections that maybe another airline couldn't provide? Hey, they're always full..... Could Sitka and Ketchikan be next? Ahhhh, who knows? JNU would be a great re-start again in SE AK.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why does this bring to mind Shakespeare? "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the '737-800s', of war".

Looks like SEA to SJC 4 times daily on CR9s starting Sep 2nd next year also.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It's almost 10 months away. I doubt anything in the industry/world will change between now and then. :laugh: What's the over/under for any of this "announced" flying on either side actually coming to fruition? My bet is between 40-50% by either side.

have fun in JNU, enjoy the cut.

mookie

Bye Bye---General Lee[/QUOTE]

SEATTLE, Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (DAL) will add new daily nonstop flights to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport from San Jose International Airport and Juneau International Airport as well as an additional flight from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, all beginning May 29, 2014. The new service will provide customers with convenient connections to the airline's growing international network from Seattle.

Delta's new and expanded Seattle service includes:

Four new daily nonstop flights from San Jose, Calif.
One new daily summer seasonal flight from Juneau, Alaska ? a new city to Delta's network

One additional summer seasonal flight from Anchorage for a total of three daily nonstop flights

"The Pacific Northwest economy is one of the fastest-growing in the U.S., and a big part of why we're adding domestic flights in support of our growing global gateway in Seattle," said Mike Medeiros, Delta's vice president ? Seattle. "By next summer, we'll offer more than 2,500 daily international seats as part of our 79 peakday departures to 25 destinations."

Delta's new service from San Jose will be operated by Delta Connection carrier SkyWest Airlines using 76-seat, two-class CRJ-900s. The airline's new Juneau service as well as the additional Anchorage summer seasonal flight will be operated with a Boeing 737-800. Each aircraft is equipped with First Class and Economy Comfort seating as well as onboard Wi-Fi.

The airline recently announced expanded Seattle service to Anchorage, Alaska, Fairbanks, Alaska, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Ore., San Diego, San Francisco and Vancouver to support its increasing international network that currently operates nonstop flights to Amsterdam, Beijing, Paris, Shanghai-Pudong and Tokyo. The airline will also operate new nonstop international service in 2014 to London-Heathrow in March as well as Hong Kong and Seoul in June, pending government approval.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Interesting article. Looks like Big D didn't bother to tell the JNU airport or the FAA that they were going to fly to JNU next spring. With no RNP, I see lots of gate holds in SEA followed by JNU over flights on the way to the ANC alternate. It will work out pretty well as a non-rev express for those who want to go to ANC. The summer tourists will get their vacation screwed up for a day or two (but will be pleased they saved $75 on the cost of their airline ticket). The locals (for the most part) who understand weather and RNP will stick with us. But first, maybe Big D should call someone at the JNU airport and let them know the plan. Maybe an email, a little note... a memo... anything...

http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-12-16/delta-resume-service-juneau#.UrHbF02A272

Latest resources

Back