• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Love Field Expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yet you Delto guys end up on all of ours SWA threads, hurling insults and childish rants. I'm quite glad we upset you so much, loos like we are doing our job. What's up at Delto lately? I couldn't care less. Remember what Elenor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior, except a Southwest pilot".

Good post CanyonBlue. These same few Delta guys are getting pissy at us EK pilots as well. The strange thing is the Delta pilots I know and hang with are semi-normal decent guys. This forum seems to bring out all the loony ones.

He still didnt answer the question: how does a dominent world carrier end up Bankrupt?

I'll answer it for him- A chitty CEO When a bean counter (Leo Mullins)
gets a hold of an airline it's a downhill slide. Mullins burned thru 2 billion in cash before he made any meaningful changes, and wound up getting run off.

It takes a visionary to really make an airline click- Guys like Juan Trippe, Eddie Rickenbacker, Howard Hughes, Herb Kelleher to name a notable few. Richard Anderson seems to fit the bill as well. They can see past next quarter's balance sheet and make changes for the long term growth and profit. Beware the bean counter

Well before our bankruptcy, Leo visited the cockpit and we were discussing the situation at UAL. He said "I was in banking, and know that United waited too long."
That was when I decided to take an early retirement. :erm:

Where to begin:

Never said SWA was a world airline, your lie number one.

SWA CEO has never asked for pay-cuts, instead latest letter says just the opposite, your lie number two.

Market CAP is only half the story: DAL market CAP: $24B, but a net tangible asset value of negative $17B, a true company value of only $7B.

SWA on the other hand has a market CAP of $12.9B, with a balance sheet of positive $6B, basically valued at $19B.

Essentially, SWA could BUY DAL outright. Your lie number three.

Never had to pay for my job, your lie number four.

ETOPS program is on hold, not scrapped, and we are still taking ETOPs deliveries. Your lie number five.

SWA has slowed growth, except for that pesky little merger, which means we just grew by 1700 pilots in the last two years, how about DAL? Your like number six.

We are upgrading two classes of 20-24 a month, your lie seven.

SWA doesn't outsource it's flying, lie eight. We are not an RJ airline, lie nine. Last but not least, there will never be an AirTran captain flying a SWA jet, only SWA captains, lie ten.

Scoot, the "town Liar".

You missed the one about Southwest not being a Fortune 500 company. So 11 lies in a row?

Good post CanyonBlue. These same few Delta guys are getting pissy at us EK pilots as well. The strange thing is the Delta pilots I know and hang with are semi-normal decent guys. This forum seems to bring out all the loony ones.

Wow, it's the moral compass Whip saving the day.... Hey Whip, there are plenty of problems with this industry, and opinions. Some people can skillfully juggle between more than one topic and provide healthy debate. Others, ahem, can only criticize. Which are you? Great night!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Completely untrue. On Jan 1, 2015, everyone will be same pay. We negotiated to give them same pay on the first SLi, they rejected that.

When you mean "They", you are talking about the "seven" MEC members that denied the AT pilot group a chance to vote on their future.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back