• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta LOA 51

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a beautiful day in the history of our great profession. Pilots once again tell the angry union minority to stick it!!! I applaud the rational thinking of 61% of the pilot group. Another victory for the good guys!!! :beer:

kmox29 said:
Does this really suprise anyone? Air Wisconsin, Comair, Northwest, now Delta. Any TA handed down by the MEC will pass. The "NO" people are always the vocal minority.

Its no suprise, this proves pilots truly are rational, intelligent beings. A small paycut is better than a 100% paycut, the unemployment line and starting all over.

BID said:
What cracks me up is your management and SkyWest management knew this would happen, that is why they ordered the larger jets months ago. (SkyWest).

They knew what it would take to manipulate you guys and get what they wanted, SCOPE RELIEF! Anyway, I am not a DAL pilot, and can't tell you guys what to do, but I am coming to the conclusion that a union is worthless in BK.

laters.

PS remember the "United Plus" days!

No, SkyWest already had the chance to order the larger planes, since the 86,000 pound weight limit established in the last LOA allowed for planes up to that weight, which included the CR9. (albeit at 70 seats at the time) Now, they can go up to 76 seats, with an extra 6 seats that will supposedly yeild DL an extra $90 million a year (when all 30 or more are here), and never get to that 86 seat normal configuration. Will they ask for more seats? They can try, but there is a no force mejeur clause, and even Whitehurst (who will likely take over for Grinstein) stated there is a marginal difference between 70 and 76 seats, and that mainline will fly any 100 seaters coming. With this TA we limited the amount of seats (76), and limited the number of 70 or 76 seat RJs. The time length of the contract was limited too. (3.5 years)

This TA was overall a good TA. The furloughed pilots will get call backs (an estimation of 1 in 4 accepting recall will probably be accurate), the scope was limited and the extra first class seats will provide some extra revenue, the pension replacement is adequate for most, and no work rules were touched except for Hawaii crews showing up 60 mins prior instead of 90 mins. We will get raises, not pay cuts, and potential profit sharing. Not bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

h25b said:
Struck a nerve I guess.. Truth hurts. The TA result was pretty predictable, that was my point. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just that the whole union mantra of, "we're not giving any more" is starting to get old and it's nothing more than BS.

Geez, I guess all it takes is someone pointing out the obvious to get you all pi$$ed off. :rolleyes: If the TA is such a POS then why did the 60% screw the 40% ??? Sounds like you need to save the insults for the 60%...

It wasn't a POS. There were some points that were a bit rough, but overall it was not too bad at all. A lot of emotion was out there, and the nay sayers couldn't really come up with what they would change on the TA. Most were mad at management, and most of the management left or is in the process.

Bye Bye--General Lee

D'Angelo said:
Its no suprise, this proves pilots truly are rational, intelligent beings. A small paycut is better than a 100% paycut, the unemployment line and starting all over.

So is there ever a point where the small paycut isn't better than starting over somewhere else? Or would you rather bid your 13 days off a month and make 10,000 a year?

WMUSIGPI said:
So is there ever a point where the small paycut isn't better than starting over somewhere else? Or would you rather bid your 13 days off a month and make 10,000 a year?

Name one regional airline that only makes 10,000/year. Also Delta guys make way more than 10,000 even with the cuts. They are still living the good life id have to say.

General Lee said:
It wasn't a POS. There were some points that were a bit rough, but overall it was not too bad at all. A lot of emotion was out there, and the nay sayers couldn't really come up with what they would change on the TA. Most were mad at management, and most of the management left or is in the process.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm glad you're o.k. with it..

Any scope relief at all made it a POS.

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good for you General finally starting to see the light. Its great to see pilots saving their careers instead of following the pied pipers into the paper shredder. See people truly do learn from history. They learned that those in Eastern sacrificed their career in vein and no one appricated it. Now they know what they have to do to stay alive and kickin and still makin a good living.

General Lee said:
This TA was overall a good TA. The furloughed pilots will get call backs (an estimation of 1 in 4 accepting recall will probably be accurate), the scope was limited and the extra first class seats will provide some extra revenue, the pension replacement is adequate for most, and no work rules were touched except for Hawaii crews showing up 60 mins prior instead of 90 mins. We will get raises, not pay cuts, and potential profit sharing. Not bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

So, in the end, after all your posturing and stamping your feet about you and 50.1% of your buddies voting anything like this down, you end up supporting it?!

I, totally unlike yourself Jen, am speechless...

D'Angelo said:
Name one regional airline that only makes 10,000/year. Also Delta guys make way more than 10,000 even with the cuts. They are still living the good life id have to say.

Have you seen Mesaba's proposed concessions? Should XJ Alpa just roll over and take it? Or better yet get rid of Alpa and that way the company could just make the cuts without the court fight.

Latest resources

Back