Delta LOA 51

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

800Dog

Just heard the Delta pilots voted in favor of the TA by roughly 60% in favor vs. 40% opposed. The slide continues.

Way to draw that line in the sand! I'm so proud... :rolleyes: TC

YEAH, baby!!

I can't wait to come back from my military leave next year and make less money than the legal secretary in my wife's office makes.

Ooooh and in 5-7 years when I make Mad Dog Captain, I'll almost make as much as I made in 2004 as a 737 F/O.

What were those soft squishy round things rolling down Virginia Ave?

800Dog said:
Just heard the Delta pilots voted in favor of the TA by roughly 60% in favor vs. 40% opposed. The slide continues.
I would respond, but I'm too busy looking for my high blood pressure medicine! This is truly a sad day! Another win for mgmt.

Delta pilots OK $280M concessions deal

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060531/ap_on_bi_ge/delta_pilots

ATLANTA - Delta Air Lines Inc. pilots approved an agreement Wednesday with the bankrupt carrier that calls for $280 million in annual concessions, including an initial 14 percent pay cut, the union said.

The vote by the Atlanta-based airline's rank-and-file pilots was 61 percent in favor, the union said in a memo to pilots.
The agreement, which runs through 2009, would take effect Thursday, assuming a bankruptcy court judge also approves the deal at a hearing later Wednesday in White Plains, N.Y. The government's pension insurer has objected, insisting that a $650 million note and $2.1 billion unsecured claim that Delta has promised the pilots should belong to the agency if the pilots' pension is terminated as expected

The concessions deal is subject to final approval by the court, though it is unclear when the court will rule. If the deal does not get final approval, an arbitration panel would again consider the company's request to reject its pilot contract so it could unilaterally impose the cuts it wants. Delta, the nation's No. 3 carrier, believes the deal will be approved by the court.
In a letter to pilots after the vote was made public, Delta's top three executives said the ratification by the rank-and-file marks a new start for the airline.
"If we seize this opportunity rather than squander it, Delta Air Lines once again can proudly become the gold standard of the industry," the executives said.
The chairman of the pilot union's executive committee, Lee Moak, said in a statement that the agreement the pilots ratified "provides a framework for Delta to successfully reorganize and emerge from bankruptcy ready to win in today's competitive marketplace."
The Air Line Pilots Association, which represents Delta's 5,930 active pilots, has said the agreement reached in April between Delta and union negotiators is in the best interest of the airline, its pilots and its creditors. The cuts are in addition to $1 billion in annual concessions the pilots agreed to in a five-year deal in 2004.

In its objection to the new deal, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. believes it should get the $650 million note the company has promised the pilots if Delta terminates their pension plan. It also wants the $2.1 billion unsecured claim the pilots have been promised.
The PBGC made a similar objection during the bankruptcy case of UAL Corp.'s United Airlines, but dropped its opposition to the Elk Grove Village, Ill.-based airline's plan to terminate its employees' pension plans after reaching a settlement with the company that promised the agency up to $1.5 billion in notes and convertible stock in the reorganized company.
Separately, a retired pilots group had objected out of concern the deal would ultimately reduce their benefits based on the pension being terminated. But their objection was expected to be resolved at Wednesday's hearing.

I wonder how long it would take for someone to go back through all of the previous posts on this topic and cut/paste all of the toughguy language that has now come back as a foot in the mouth... ???...

h25b said:
I wonder how long it would take for someone to go back through all of the previous posts on this topic and cut/paste all of the toughguy language that has now come back as a foot in the mouth... ???...

Hey Genius, you think there might be a chance that Flightinfo guys are part of the 40%?

h25b said:

The tough guy talk comes from the 39% of the pilots who voted "not in favor". I doubt too many (there are not that many delta pilots who post here) delta pilots who voted "in favor" post here. The rest come from the former delta pilots who could not vote (furloughed).

At delta we no longer have a "plethora of pinyatas"

h25b said:
I wonder how long it would take if we researched your family tree and found some sort of inbreeding, you jerk!
NO VOTER!

Latest resources

Back