• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta lawsuit vs Alaska ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The higher ups have been talking about it during the training lunches. And now new pilot pow wow day with the Cp and vp

Except the vast majority of AK traffic is either inter-AK or to and from the Pacific Northwest. They ALREADY have a hometown airline with brand loyalty.

Thanks for playing.

Ummmm, you used to add many DL connection passengers to your planes because DL didn't fly there enough during the busy season, the Summertime. Now, DL will funnel all the rich doctors and lawyers from all over the US and the World via the SEA hub (and others too like MSP and SLC), and bypass you guys completely. Ahh, that will really add to DL profitability, and it might unfortunately bite into your monopoly. Others can do what you do, but you can't get full revenue on your own flights to Hong Kong. Go codeshare that like you do all INTL flights.

Anytime you have a monopoly and someone else uses your product, but then switches to their own, you lose. Thanks for playing....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
What's wrong General, can't handle a little debate with facts rather then stats. The point of my comment was your comment on "Worldwide ops" as being something superior to little old Alaska doesn't mean anything. Its what you do with your resources that matter. If you refer back to the topic of this thread, Delta appears to be trying to force Alaska to give up there private approaches. Use your own smart guys and build your own approaches.

Facts? I like when you use those, instead of just pure emotion. My facts show that DL does Worldwide Ops, meaning the people who look at approaches, ATC facilities, local Govt restrictions, all that stuff you need to figure out prior to starting service anywhere, know how to do it. That's my point. It's called Delta Tech Ops here in ATL. These people are smart, and have the resources. It's great your airline has the know how to fly into that little corner of the World, but others will also take a look at it and figure it out.

Instead of trying to fight DL at expansion mainly due to transferring a NRT connection hub over to SEA, you may want to figure out how to retain more of your mainline flying instead of handing a lot of Intra AK flying over to Horizon Dash-8s. Sure, DL has plenty of outsourcing to Regionals too, but that is currently being decreased by 717s recapturing current Regional routes and mandatory parking of 215 50 seaters.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Instead of trying to fight DL at expansion mainly due to transferring a NRT connection hub over to SEA, you may want to figure out how to retain more of your mainline flying instead of handing a lot of Intra AK flying over to Horizon Dash-8s. Sure, DL has plenty of outsourcing to Regionals too, but that is currently being decreased by 717s recapturing current Regional routes and mandatory parking of 215 50 seaters.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dude,
I thought I explained this all to you? You did not refute a single point I made during our conversation about Horizon but here you are again at square one with the same false pretense. I should have just took my shoe off and had a chat with it as the result is the same as conversing with you.

Use a little logic here. DAL is resorting to litigation to solve a problem. Litigation is usually the last resort for more than a few reasons, time and money are 2 of the biggies. If the ATL brain trust cannot get the process figgered out on their own, they tell mgmt, "open up the shark tank, it's the only way you are gonna get this stuff in this decade"
Admission of an epic fail, when the epic "A" team defers to an office full of non pilot litigators.
Sorry Genny, your dream team shat the bed.

Really... That's great you can fly into Quito.. Surprisingly the procedures into Jnu and Quito are not exactly the same. I know weird. So just because you are certified into one terrain critical airport you are not grandfathered into every airport in the world. You have to build a program for each... It would surprise you what I know. DAL is free to produce there own program into Jnu and with all their money it is no big deal.. Takes time and $s. Your company was just looking for the cheep painless version. I guess you can't fault them for that. Yes ANC FAI... Way to go. That would be like us announcing 1x monthly service to Olympia... Awesome.. Wow think of the extra positions and seniority that will provide. I think we are toast.. DAL is the greatest!xoxo

Really... That's great you can fly into Quito.. Surprisingly the procedures into Jnu and Quito are not exactly the same. I know weird. So just because you are certified into one terrain critical airport you are not grandfathered into every airport in the world. You have to build a program for each... It would surprise you what I know. DAL is free to produce there own program into Jnu and with all their money it is no big deal.. Takes time and $s. Your company was just looking for the cheep painless version. I guess you can't fault them for that. Yes ANC FAI... Way to go. That would be like us announcing 1x monthly service to Olympia... Awesome.. Wow think of the extra positions and seniority that will provide. I think we are toast.. DAL is the greatest!xoxo

Really? Only one? You obviously have no idea. Ever seen the YouTube video of the AA 757 landing in the bowl at Tegucigalpa? DL has a daily 737-700 into there from ATL. How about Bogota? How about Guatemala City? How about flying into Moscow with the language differences and meters conversions on Altitude (in China too). How about handling security concerns in Africa? How about all of the differences you can't even dream about? Big difference in operations, and I really have a feeling that solutions will be produced. And, time and money will be used to do it correctly.

Your last statements are silly. Everyone knows those flights are mainly for connections, right? Emirite?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I wasn't saying you only flew into "one" technically challenging airport... Used the word one could have used the word "a". You get the point.. Well maybe not you. I was just trying to help and it seemed you had trouble understanding that just because you service a challenging airport the FAA does not give you keys to all. And No you are not right.. You really don't get the ANC and FAI markets.

I'm looking forward to the rwy8 departures more than anything.

I'm looking forward to the rwy8 departures more than anything.

I have a feeling they are looking into every procedure and talking to the locals, who apparently want them there.... And yeah, they can follow you after your rwy 8 dep.......????

And, I can't wait until you try the "Rnwy 38 dep" at Quito..... Sooo awesome!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back