• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta lands on M in the ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They had declared a medical emergency, hence the request/clearance to land on the runway closer to the terminal. The captain is authorized to deviate from any rule to the extent required to meet an emergency. Since apparently the FAA (ATC) agreed that moving over a few feet was in the best interests of saving precious seconds, I contend that they would also agree that moving over a few more feet would save even more seconds, and therefore the PIC is authorized to do so. So there you go. :D

He should have just landed in the hospital parking lot then.

Wonder if anyone has seen the tires marks on M yet??? I'm sure DL wants the city to go out there today and pressure wash them away ASAP. Speaking of ASAP does DL have this program?

What the hell do you rush for in a medical emergency. I would think that the other passengers are hoping to live also. Just because someone is dying doesn't mean do everything wrong.

Wonder if anyone has seen the tires marks on M yet??? I'm sure DL wants the city to go out there today and pressure wash them away ASAP. Speaking of ASAP does DL have this program?

These guys better hope so, I was under the impression they got rid of it 2 1/2 yrs ago, because mang was using the info also or they were conducting parrallel investigations.

No excuses. They were relieved of duty, pending investigation. It was a "MAJOR" error; plain and simple.

Like a bunch of kids jumping up and down pointing "HE DID IT TOO! I'M TELLING!!!"

Latest resources

Back