• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is getting ready to hire!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta controls hiring at NWA, they can hire into any airplane they want. I think it's an HR/IT issue.

Seamless integration, cost saving benefit blah blah... synergy blah.
Premier global blah blah blah.

It probably is an IT issue.

Delta doesn't have Airbus and DC9's NWA does. Until SOC happens Delta can't hire into aircraft that aren't on their certificate. If NWA was hiring we would see the 9 and bus...this is my best guess.

That is a good catch, and is omitted for legal reasons.

No one will be assigned a class or jet before SOC anyways.

The 9s and Airbi aren't listed on the site. I guess new hires can't go to the 9 or Airbi. :D Never heard of a "new hire" fence LOL.
The post was a friggin joke for crying out loud. :rolleyes: Hence the :D and the LOL.
This site continues to amaze me. :laugh:

You can apply to one airline for no charge. I beleive that you have to start a new account to do that. DAL did that so that pilots could apply to DAL and not pay.

Also yes, Plato's son is here and a great guy, like his father.

You can actually apply to as many airlines as you want for free if you create a seperate account for each one. The $50/yr charge allows you to have the system automatically import your data to every airline so you don't have to fill out each app individually. So, if your cheap like me, you can fill out as many apps as you want and never pay airlineapps a dime.

Plato set it up this way so you would never have to pay for an application if you don't want to. If your lazy and want them to import the stuff to all the other airline applications out there, they will do it for $50. They actually make most of their money from the fees that the hiring airlines pay to them for gathering and screening the applicants.

That is correct, and I was to lazy to type that.

Yep, the airlines pay a fee. Good retirement plan IMHO!

The best part when Bush ended his 2nd term was when his Sec of the Treasury Paulson helped his banking buddies get huge bonuses, even though those companies were failing. There was NO oversight under Bush, and his cronies allowed all of the Country Club CEOs and CFOs to make extra money while they were ruining the economy with risky deals. That will CHANGE---and even if it is slight, it is a win against corporate greed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You best study the connections between big business, Bush, and even Obama. They are all in the b.s. bailouts. Start looking at the resumes of ALL of the people involved....one big inbred party. Start with Sec Paulson and keep going and going. Obama is not nearly as "clean" as many think. Our natl leadership is absent.

Yep, the airlines pay a fee...

Yeah, I see Plato's and FLTops.com move towards the airlines paying for more and more things instead of the pilot-applicants.

Once you show that you provide quality value for them you can actually charge the airlines for career fairs etc. as opposed to milking pilots.

The 9s and Airbi aren't listed on the site. I guess new hires can't go to the 9 or Airbi. :D Never heard of a "new hire" fence LOL.

they changed the site again to reflect better with the initial pilot applicant window. No more mention of aircraft type on the site. Somethings up if they're spending the time to open the app window and reconfigure the pages. My guess is they're getting things ready while they figure out all the legalities that come with hiring, flows, nwa pool, and previously turned down by DAL applicants.

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I think, as do more then 1/2 the people I know a Delta and NWA that there is a much more realistic chance of a massive furlough then there is to hire. When two huge companies like that merge there is just way too much redundency. Once all the details get sorted, and routes and maybe hubs get cut, there is simply no way to hire. I wish all of you the best, but just looking at the facts.

... When two huge companies like that merge there is just way too much redundency..

That's the point.
When you are proactive and merge first you have the best options to pick from. DAL and NWA hardly overlap and only compliment each other's geography. At a minimum there is growth to connect the hubs better.

#2 marriage will get ugly anyway you slice it. Just look at UAL/CAL's route maps. Or AA/USA, etc. Also look at the numbers of furloughs already on the street.

Latest resources

Back