• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is getting ready to hire!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No idea on that guys as no decision has been made. I am sure if there is ever a decision made a e-mail will go out to those guys, so keep your stuff current. It is what they did for the 2001 guys that had the door slammed in their face.

Go to this link and it still says they aren't hiring. At least it does at the time of this post.

http://www.deltajobs.net/pilots.htm

I didnt say that we're hiring, i posted that they were now Accepting apps for potential hiring, which is different than what it has recently said on the site.

On the link you posted it says,

Even though we are not actively hiring pilots and will not be reviewing applications until hiring resumes, individuals interested in joining our team of professional pilots may apply or update their existing applications via AirlineApps.com. <<<< THIS IS NEW AS THEY WERENT TAKING APPS BEFORE.

THIS is what it says when you click on the qualifications link,This wasnt even on the website until recently

We are proudly recruiting pilots for first officer positions. As a new Delta first officer, you have an opportunity to initially be assigned to a MD88/90, a 737NG, or even a 757/767 aircraft type among our fleet of more than 440 aircraft. To qualify for employment as a pilot with Delta, you must meet all of the following requirements.

General Requirements
  • At least 21 years of age
  • Graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university accredited by a recognized accredited organization
    • Degrees obtained from a non-U.S. institution must be evaluated for equivalency to U.S. degrees by a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
    • Postgraduate education will be given favorable consideration.
  • Current passport or other travel documents enabling the bearer to freely exit and re-enter the U.S. (multiple reentry status) and be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (possess proper working documents)
FAA Requirements
  • FAA commercial fixed-wing pilot license with an instrument rating
  • Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
  • Passing score on FAA ATP written exam preferred
Flight Time Requirements
  • Minimum of 1,200 hours of total documented flight time
  • Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turboprop or turbofan time
When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recency, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; and hours flown as PIC in turbine powered aircraft. Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.

Other
  • FCC Radiotelephone Operator's Permit (RP)
  • DOT required pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered by Delta
  • TSA required fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check and a Delta background check
Applications for employment as a Delta pilot must be submitted through AirlineApps.com. Applications for Delta pilot positions may be submitted free of charge, though a fee may be charged if you wish to join AirlineApps as a member for added features. If you are already a member of the AirlineApps system, sign in to your account and add Delta to your target listing.
New users can create an account to begin the application process.

Last edited:
Just wait, after SOC, Anderson will change his good will and about 700 to 1200 Pilots will hit the street. Sorry, with the O man in charge it will get worse before it gets better. I haven't updated my profile, but I worry that I'll be on the street. DC9....FO.... Save ...Save ...Save...I am not feeling good on this one.

Interesting question.

Plato doesn't do the hiring at DL anymore, though.

The Plato who used to do the hiring has a son also named Plato who is a M88 Captain in Atlanta. Him and BB, who was the new hire coordinator during the hiring in 07-08, are partners in AirlineApps. They started the company to give pilots a better application process that was more affordable than paying a hundred bucks per app like it was in the olden days. Great service and a good application process.

Just wait, after SOC, Anderson will change his good will and about 700 to 1200 Pilots will hit the street. Sorry, with the O man in charge it will get worse before it gets better. I haven't updated my profile, but I worry that I'll be on the street. DC9....FO.... Save ...Save ...Save...I am not feeling good on this one.

how shocking!! Another Delta Airlines Hater :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back