• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is getting ready to hire!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it hard to believe that it is coincidence that Compass announces that they are hiring 60+ pilots (20% growth) within a week that Delta posts that they are accepting applications...

you folks are kidding yourselves if you think Delta is going to hire anytime soon. It is much more likely you see furloughs before you see any hiring.

Further, this first post SOC bid will end up displacing a lot of Delta pilots out of Delta bases. People won't be so accepting of this merger after this bid.

Further, this first post SOC bid will end up displacing a lot of Delta pilots out of Delta bases. People won't be so accepting of this merger after this bid.

Thats is the one thing that bothered me about the merger. I wish we would have fenced our bases for a few years.

you folks are kidding yourselves if you think Delta is going to hire anytime soon. It is much more likely you see furloughs before you see any hiring.

I plan on getting displaced and I am totally fine with it. You cannot change the past. I look forward to something different.

As Super says, Glass Half full!

Got a house for any of you North guys. It is a great house on the Soutside of ATL, not in PTC!

The majority will be entitlements vs displacements, which means not as many people getting bumped out. There will be some no doubt, but entitlements allow for the company to NOT have to pay for moves, which is cheaper. They will add flying in a base but fly that plane more at another base, which overall could be cheaper. (looks like MSP A320 will not have as many displacements to SLC---just more flying at SLC instead)

And, hiring is more likely than furloughs, since we are ready to bring back a lot of the planes we have parked (we don't need to order more planes, they are all waiting for us in VCV). And, we are also getting some used planes via MD90s (I have read 16 more in 2010) and an additional 2 777s. It certainly isn't as bleak as you portray it to be.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Look at your Florida flying this winter.... No 767's, anywhere... Here in JAX we would see 3 767's a day, not this year. You have scaled back JAX, MCO, TPA and FLL, so I see it as "bleak" in the South East.

Look at your Florida flying this winter.... No 767's, anywhere... Here in JAX we would see 3 767's a day, not this year. You have scaled back JAX, MCO, TPA and FLL, so I see it as "bleak" in the South East.

It is called yield management! Those 767's are enjoying some time off in the Western Desert!

Latest resources

Back