• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is getting ready to hire!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the latest on the SOC? 1st qtr 2010? And once this does happen will there be a system wide bid? Would someone please fill us in on how this is all supposed to play out. Thnx!

Baja

Signed on our about Dec 15-16, effective Dec 31, 2009 with a bid opening up close to the date of signing and closing after SOC takes effect. (In layman's terms, a few weeks)

What is the latest on the SOC? 1st qtr 2010? And once this does happen will there be a system wide bid? Would someone please fill us in on how this is all supposed to play out. Thnx!

Baja

Word is that on January 1st we will be saying things on the radio like "Delta 1234, Northwest colors, ready for push"...

Nu

Swapping types from MSP to SLC and closing the SLC MD90 category is going to create a Monster movement and shortage in trained pilots in the all the MD88/90
bases...these lines are already the highest block hours in the company and they
are buying more MD90's...put your green slips in boys!

Swapping types from MSP to SLC and closing the SLC MD90 category is going to create a Monster movement and shortage in trained pilots in the all the MD88/90
bases...these lines are already the highest block hours in the company and they
are buying more MD90's...put your green slips in boys!
Anyone know how much they are reducing the 800 in SLC, if at all?

"Gold Bubble" Hahahahahahahaha.

You will know if there is a gold bubble when everyone else is buying gold. Let me say that again.. You will know there is a bubble when everyone is buying gold. Check out the guy who tried to sell his 1100 dollar gold coin for 50 bucks and nobody would buy it from him. There will be truly a gold bubble. But be sure to buy gold when it reaches 4500 an oz. I will sell you some of mine..

China is slowly getting out of dollars. and when they decide to put the hurt on US., the party will be over. India just bought 7 billion worth in gold. Why wouldn't they buy dollars, since after all the dollar is at an ALL TIME LOW. Its not that the world economy will collapse, its the US ECONOMY. Its called De-coupling and that is what the BRIC countries are going to do very quietly for the next two years. They see the writing on the wall and ultimately will have to discipline the US.

Again the General preaching to the choir...get off the internet Mr. 10 million posts.

Wow, another alarmist. Oil was going to $250 dollars a barrel. The polar caps were going to melt. The earth was going to start another ice age. Glenn Beck has 10 different scenarios EVERY BROADCAST about how the world is going to end and we are going to be in a Mad max post apocalyptic society (same stuff for the last 5 years, and I am still here). How do you guys make it through the day worrying about all this stuff? If all the scenarios you quoted come true THE WORLD ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE and i don't care where you have your money. China sits on close to 100 billion US dollars and almost a trillion dollars in US bonds. Collapsing the dollar would collapse our AND their whole system. Just watch as in less than a year the Gold bubble will collapse as well. People always trying to scare everyone into buying their book, investment, watch their broadcast, or be in their therapy. People need to to get off the internet and 24 hour a day news programs and go for a hike, or play with their kids.

Anyone know how much they are reducing the 800 in SLC, if at all?

I often wondered that, and have never gotten an answer. It would make sense since the 320 can do the job of the 90, 73N and the 757 for most the markets that are serviced out of SLC.

New info. Take it for what it is worth. Big wig conference call said yesterday, this was brought up, its a bad rumor, JG said no hiring in 2010 period.

Could be right, however, I don't think they would admit to any hiring until it was actually announced.

As ACL said in an earlier post, it's a legal tight rope, so even if there are plans to hire a certain amount, JG could not and would not admit it in a conference call.

Could be right, however, I don't think they would admit to any hiring until it was actually announced.

As ACL said in an earlier post, it's a legal tight rope, so even if there are plans to hire a certain amount, JG could not and would not admit it in a conference call.

Yep, correct.

As this whole thing started out, it is good to keep your apps updated. Even when they are not hiring the system records how many times you update. They can see that.

Always be prepared for the unexpected. If we do not hire, we will be extremely tight staffed next summer. That is good from a money standpoint, and not so good from a QOL standpoint.

Didn't Anderson say publicly that he wasn't interested in acquiring NWA weeks before they announced the merger?

Baja.

Latest resources

Back