• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta is getting ready to hire!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you folks are kidding yourselves if you think Delta is going to hire anytime soon. It is much more likely you see furloughs before you see any hiring.

There won't be any furloughs. However, this talk of hiring of probably premature.

Further, this first post SOC bid will end up displacing a lot of Delta pilots out of Delta bases. People won't be so accepting of this merger after this bid

I certainly think the couple of bids after SOC will be more advantageous to the NWA pilots.

There won't be any furloughs. However, this talk of hiring of probably premature.

I certainly think the couple of bids after SOC will be more advantageous to the NWA pilots.

When I heard the rumors of hiring, I though the same thing. For some reason when I laugh at the possibility, I am told to just wait and see.

I believe one side wanted fences the other did not. It was too complicated. Now it is what it is. Bring on the AEs

AEs are fine but I hope they minimize displacements to minimize the bad blood all around. Things have been relatively touchy feely up to this point because the two companies have basically been separate. How they handle the near term post-SOC period will have a big effect on whether this is still a nice place to work or not.

Look at your Florida flying this winter.... No 767's, anywhere... Here in JAX we would see 3 767's a day, not this year. You have scaled back JAX, MCO, TPA and FLL, so I see it as "bleak" in the South East.

I'm glad were not running anything that big. Having anything over a 757 in the "lowest yielding ticket" market is a dumb move.

Look at your Florida flying this winter.... No 767's, anywhere... Here in JAX we would see 3 767's a day, not this year. You have scaled back JAX, MCO, TPA and FLL, so I see it as "bleak" in the South East.

No doubt there. We have REALLY scaled back on the 757/767 fleet, and I am pretty sure they are waiting to let loose again and bring them back, plus add 16 MD90s and 2 777s next year.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Those cities are JETBLUE Country now!

Speaking of countries, which country's airline owns you guys now? When will you guys have the callsign "Kraut"? "Kraut 106, contact Jacksonville departure, auf wiedersehen......"

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back