• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought the pool only existed for 1 year and then it was flushed.

If i'm wrong, I'll admit it. But i could have swore an old classmate of mine was in this situation- and did NOT have to interview again for a class at the new usair.

Either way, i think it's the right thing to do. How many poolies are there on both sides?

my letter from NWA showed the pool as "dissolved" and they would "give my name to Delta" who would determine, when hiring resumes, if I was competitive. no statements of preference or priority-

Delta pilots ought to stand up for you and get you a class. I have confirmed it. East side pilots honored America West poolies and made them the first class hired at USAir- they were sent east to Charlotte on the E190 and apparently were treated very well by all involved.
It was a 2&1/2 year wait in the pool and the pool was reportedly flushed. The AWA poolies did not expect the opportunity- but all sides were proud of the situation.

If someone has another side to that story- speak on it. ALPA doing the right thing- it's a good precedent.

Btw- I know noone in the NWA pool- just think we can be our own worst enemies. Again- passing a major airline interview is not an accomplishment that should be thrown out with the trash. It'sa big accomplishment that takes a lot of resources and dedication. Luck is luck whether good or bad- but I'd love to see delta do the right thing in one area- but I don't hold my breath with that group.

Waveflyer-
I hear ya, i too am in the same flushed pool as yourself and i too am keeping my fingers crossed that someone with spine will stand up for us, however i dont see that. To my knowledge when Delta merged some time back with Western I think all the western people that were in the pool were givin classes.

Waveflyer-
I hear ya, i too am in the same flushed pool as yourself and i too am keeping my fingers crossed that someone with spine will stand up for us, however i dont see that. To my knowledge when Delta merged some time back with Western I think all the western people that were in the pool were givin classes.

twobits and FBN are sure quiet since the announcement to hire in 2010. I'll bet that by 2013 when twobits claimed we would need to start hiring we will have hired close to 1000.

Sometimes it's good to be wrong. I hope we DO hire a 1000 by 2013.

Something tells me Waveflyer isn't in the old NWA pool or if he is he is no longer interested in going to Delta.

I am lucky, grateful, and quite content... But then again- none of you really know whether or not I'm some riddle rat in a beat up apt in Prescott
;-)

I wish all the best of luck and just want to advocate. It's hard to imagine USAir having a leg up on anyone- but they would in comparison to Delta if they take yet another opportunity to sell out junior pilots. I'm not sure delta knows how to do anything else. Little bitches
(so I've heard...)

The team that ends up running the hiring will want to put their own stamp on things and i think it unlikely it would include somebody else's pool......

Latest resources

Back